Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What dealer would you suggest I go talk to about getting a new bike? I'm prob lookin 6 months out for a time to get one.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you looking to purchase in 6 month to 1 year. I've been down to good times and was not impressed. I think when it comes down I will take a drive to Monroe Motorsports in SF.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
X100000 for Munroe Motors.

·
Administrator
12,900 Posts
Modesto has been a favorite too.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you're willing to travel out of Sac give these guys a shot http://www.motomeccanica.com/ They're my local shop in Santa Rosa and while I've never bought a bike from them (but may be buying a scooter soon) their parts and service guys & gals have always been great to work with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To bad dealers won't let you test ride the bikes. It would make it alot easyer to decide which one to get.

·
Administrator
12,900 Posts
I have had a good sales experience from Good Times.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have had a terrible time getting parts from Good Times. They never had anything in stock, even maintanence items. The kids behind the counter were complete knuckleheads and would take too much time to find parts, if find them at all. I didnt like the atmosphere either. They sell boats, ski doos, and other bikes. Surprised they dont sell washing machines too. So I dont deal with them anymore. If I need a part I get it from Munroe, or Seattle Ducati, or Salt Lake City Ducati, or other aftermarket sources.

Mike

·
Administrator
12,900 Posts
Mike I couldn't agree more about the parts department.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PSsssp said:
I've test-ridden bikes at MotoMeccanica...
Really, they'll let ya test ride a Duc? I may have to do that once I'm ready to buy one. Go try out the 749s and the 999. See which one I like the best.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Image1 said:
Really, they'll let ya test ride a Duc? I may have to do that once I'm ready to buy one. Go try out the 749s and the 999. See which one I like the best.
You have to be serious about buying, but yes, they'll let you test ride. They've usually got a couple of demo bikes going at any one time, no guarantees about a 999 or 749. And of course you'll need proper licence and gear.

Showing up at dealers with a clean, non-crashed bike, the right gear, a good attitude and being ready to buy has garnered me many test rides over the years.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh ya, when I go down to test ride a bike it is to bring one home. I'm already checking into financing so when I do go I know that one of the bikes is coming home with me.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
PSsssp said:
You have to be serious about buying, but yes, they'll let you test ride. They've usually got a couple of demo bikes going at any one time, no guarantees about a 999 or 749. And of course you'll need proper licence and gear.

Showing up at dealers with a clean, non-crashed bike, the right gear, a good attitude and being ready to buy has garnered me many test rides over the years.
A bit far from Sacra-tomato, but ditto for Ducati Seattle. I test rode my first ST that I puchased from them (an 01-ST4 demo) plus a 999 and Multistrada while waiting for my ST to be serviced. It is my undertstanding that Ducati will allow a dealer to have a certain number of bikes as demos. These demos are then sold off at the end of the year at a discount.

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
I've had no problems getting parts at Good-Times. Of course, I also download the proper page from Ducati's own on-line parts catalog and bring it in with me. See, no problem. :rolleyes:

As far as shops worth checking out, there's a great place in San Rafael called Hattar Motorsport. They sell Ducati, Triumph and Yamaha. They've had test bikes of various types when I've been by and they were very knowlegable about the product when my S/O bought her M620Dark last year. The place is family owned and the employees are into the product they sell. No kids working there just to get a discount on their dirt-bike parts. These are good people. Joe-Bob say check it out :yeah:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Of course, I also download the proper page from Ducati's own on-line parts catalog and bring it in with me. See, no problem.

I have done that also Mike, but they just seemed to never have the parts. They didnt have a filter once and one time no belts either. This was a few years ago, so maybe they are better now, but it was so frustrating. I also needed items like timinig pickups and a regulator for my monster and I just gave up going to them.

Mike

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I have NEVER had a good experience with any part of Good Times. I've tried business with it all...sales, service, and parts. The guys at the parts counter are completely clueless when it comes to Duc's. I've given them the benefit of the doubt several times and I always end up walking out of there asking myself.."self, WHY did you even come back in here?"...Service department (the ONE time I contacted them about something) immediately drove me away on attitude alone. Sales...nothing really bad, just the one time I was seriously looking to buy they had absolutely zero interest in getting me what I wanted if it wasn't on the floor. It kills me to have to go there to buy my oil filters but I'm not gonna drive to the bay for a $12 filter and so far, they have managed to not screw up giving me a filter...so far. (yes, I know there's only one, but if anyone could screw it up......)

I have been in the Seattle shop (and the Eastside Motorsports shop). The Seattle shop is definately a class act.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good times sucks! The shit they have done to my bike is amasing and the pour thing has been there three times only. I bought my bike new from them and my 748 came with a salvaged 916 ECU. Stripped clutch bolts, chips and skratches in plastic, oil filter not tighten and leaking oil all the way home, not having any parts at anytime and (my favorite) ordering parts only on Tuesdays. Lee is the only good mech they got, if he's still there, and he keeps the shop going. The rest ...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts