Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the dealer take off my evap canister at my last visit. I just took a look at the bike and saw that they left a hose cut and hanging near the other two fuel and tank vents.

Isn't that hose supposed to be plugged? i am not sure if it matters but I thought I read that in a DIY. the bikes seems to run a little rougher, could this be causing it?

thanks

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
No, that's normal. the canister was supposed to collect fumes and fuel excess, so having the hose plugged is no good, and having the hose cut above the engine is no good b/c you don't want fuel dropping on your hot engine.
it won't affect the way the bike runs.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I had the dealer take off my evap canister at my last visit. I just took a look at the bike and saw that they left a hose cut and hanging near the other two fuel and tank vents.

Isn't that hose supposed to be plugged? i am not sure if it matters but I thought I read that in a DIY. the bikes seems to run a little rougher, could this be causing it?

thanks
yes, it should be plugged.
no, it shouldn't make the bike run rougher

·
Registered
473 Posts
Evaporation canister removal

Hoses that need to be plugged:
- The two vacuum hoses that come off the intake tract and then Y together. (it is cleaner to remove these hoses and plug the holes at the intake tract).

Hoses that need to be left open:
- Every thing else.

Lee C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts