Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 7500 oil service done at the dealer, but they've been unable to reset the Oil Service enunciator. They said there are a couple of ways to reset it and neither worked, so now they have to write to the factory and get a special code to reset it.

Anyone know what this is about?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have, it happened on my 48,000K service, the link from the Mechanic on his computer system to Ducati, wouldn't hookup properly so to speak. so for the last 20,000Ks at every start up, i get the "Service Due" signal coming up. For some reason, for warrantees etc, the system is linked back to Ducati, and they acknowledge the service has been done, and recorded at their end.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have, it happened on my 48,000K service, the link from the mechanic on his computer system to Ducati, wouldn't hookup properly so to speak ...
This. Had it happen too. It took my dealership 3 hours to get it right while I waited. I was pissed since they told me it would take just 10 minutes to connect to the mothership. They finally reached somebody on the phone at Ducati USA who walked them through how to connect correctly. I left with the impression that it was not a connection problem like I was originally told. I left with the impression it was a user-not-really-knowing-what-they-are-doing-error problem.

Now that I have TuneBoy, I can clear the service messages myself. And, yeah, TuneBoy can be tricky to use, but it's better than watching some tech at the dealership clearly in over his head fumble around at a computer screen. :mad:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
... so now they have to write to the factory and get a special code to reset it.
Based on my experience above, I'm thinking this was a delay tactic. The fact that they told you "there are a couple of ways to reset it" makes me think that, like my dealership, they really don't know what they are doing. There is only one way to do it right, but you have to keep up on who/what/how it's done.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
884 Posts
@DaveNZ Your mechanic is an authorized Ducati dealer?
Yip he certainly is an authorised ducati dealer-workshop. Like Damascus, the hook up line to Ducati was slow as, he had been trying to get it sorted for ages, but i was running our of time, i had to catch a ferry back to the north island, to where i live. i travel around 600Ks and a ferry crossing to get to the guy who works on my Duc,s. its a great ride once i get off the ferry. Im only a few 1000Ks away from my 72K service, so hopefully next time i can get it (service sign) removed.

Reactions: Gadgetech

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Yip he certainly is an authorised ducati dealer-workshop. Like Damascus, the hook up line to Ducati was slow as, he had been trying to get it sorted for ages, but i was running our of time, i had to catch a ferry back to the north island, to where i live. i travel around 600Ks and a ferry crossing to get to the guy who works on my Duc,s. its a great ride once i get off the ferry. Im only a few 1000Ks away from my 72K service, so hopefully next time i can get it (service sign) removed.
I can't stand riding with that stupid indicator...hope you get it removed next time too!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: dealer has been working with Ducati NA, Ducati is saying to replace the dash. Um, OK. Glad I bought the service contract ;-)

Reactions: Gadgetech

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Wow, that's a hell of a way to fix the issue but you'd think the signal for the light is coming from somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Unbelievable how they will take something apart and replace it, stripping screws and breaking plastic parts on the way for something that makes absolutely no sense at all. I put tape over mine in a Volvo as I have reported before but I would just remove the led even of it was surface mount. Never needed a reminder before. When do we get the "time to stop and take a piss light?"

For you guys that are warranty sensitive, you better get it fixed because the ECU is probably logging the resets.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unbelievable how they will take something apart and replace it, stripping screws and breaking plastic parts on the way for something that makes absolutely no sense at all. I put tape over mine in a Volvo as I have reported before but I would just remove the led even of it was surface mount. Never needed a reminder before. When do we get the "time to stop and take a piss light?"

For you guys that are warranty sensitive, you better get it fixed because the ECU is probably logging the resets.
nice rant

you know it's not a light, right?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ducati agreed to pay for the part, I'm responsible for one hour labor. Hoping my extended warranty comes through for that.

For whatever it's worth, my newish Volvo lights up with "maintenance overdue" whenever it feels like it. The dealer said...wait for it..."they all kind of do that."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts