Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ECU stores all the bike's 'errors' and they read them back during service...then clear them (using their nice magic (I want that!) Ducati Diagnsotic software). Just in for the 12,000km service and the dealer showed me...each time they click on 'clear errors' it comes up with some form of 'communication error' and drops the connection. The dealer have no idea...so said they will contact Italy. Anyone ever seen this? (EEPROM in the ECU??....or hopefully something more simple). Thanks. Nick

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The ECU stores all the bike's 'errors' and they read them back during service...then clear them (using their nice magic (I want that!) Ducati Diagnsotic software). Just in for the 12,000km service and the dealer showed me...each time they click on 'clear errors' it comes up with some form of 'communication error' and drops the connection. The dealer have no idea...so said they will contact Italy. Anyone ever seen this? (EEPROM in the ECU??....or hopefully something more simple). Thanks. Nick
Perhaps your dealer's device and/or cable is faulty and/or in need of an update. Some ECU updates required the update firm/software to be updated first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts