Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I was recently given an insane deal on a 2015 streetfighter 848 and i couldn't say no.
My buddy had this bike sitting in his garage for years after having hip surgery, a baby, and purchasing a new home he just didn't have the time to ride it anymore. Previously coming from owning Aprilias (still have my SXV550) i was skeptical of jumping into another Italian bike but i know this bike was in really good shape and had low miles so it was a no brainer (3450miles). What made the deal even sweeter? Boxes of goodies :)

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Font Material property Red Design Pattern

Product Automotive lighting Tool Crankset Automotive tire

Automotive design Automotive tire Bag Grey Automotive lighting

So the bike sat for 3 years more or less so the First order of business was Maintenance. I ordered a timing belt kit, already had everything for the oil change, (new tires will be ordered soon) checking over all the brakes, changing the brake fluid, removing EVAP canister, cleaning up some corrosion etc. The bike also came with new chains and sprockets so thats on the list to get changed as well. Once all the maintenance is all more or less done ill start adding upgrades.

First order of buisness - Timing belts, Emissions canister removal, and Oil change.

Automotive tire Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tread

Bicycle part Font Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part Tool

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Much better

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once i received the new belts it was time to get them installed.

Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Rim

She was all buttoned up now so i took it down the street for a quick test ride to make sure all was good.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Once that was done it was time for a good clean, mostly just dust and cobwebs.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Finally started installing the cool stuff (slip-on, ECU, and Filter)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Product Gadget Font Electronic device Gas

Grille Material property Font Carbon Pattern

Boy did she clean up ok :)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice looking bike! Just got done tearing one of these all the way down to part out. They really are well built!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Cool to see lots of people scoring mint Streetfighters recently! My next major upgrade will be the exhaust as well. I'm leaning towards the Austin Racing GP2 shortie exhaust. It just looks so cool. If it ends up being too loud I'll fall back to the Termi slipons.

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
705 Posts
Finding my sf848 for $1400 is something I still can’t believe happened.

congrats on the deal! It’s perfect as is, no need to change anything. Once you start modifying, it’s hard to stop.

you should chop your termis like this:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

It’s free if you know what you’re doing 👌🏼

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone!

So far the only complaints I have with the bike are the hard seat and all the misshifts from 1st to second.

I have added a few goodies over the past week. Rizoma MA011B handlebars, Progrip 717 Grips.

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Added the rear seat cowl (now just gotta remove the pass pegs)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Hood Automotive design

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

If anyone has a ducati comfort seat forsale please let me know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Or look at Sargent they make solid seats for 848/1098 models.

·
Registered
545 Posts
So far the only complaints I have with the bike are the hard seat and all the misshifts from 1st to second.

I have added a few goodies over the past week. Rizoma MA011B handlebars, Progrip 717 Grips.
Bike is looking great! So does the matte black Triumph as well!

Regarding the shifting, I have same issue with my 848 EVO. I sometimes get the false neutral between 4-5 and 5-6. Changing oil definitely helped but it still happens. On my SFS, the gearbox is totally different! It so buttery smooth that shifting is never a problem. Not sure what the differences are between the two gearboxes.

Question regarding the Rizoma bars...it seems they are flatter and not as swept back towards the rider, correct? Is the version you bought higher than stock as well? Any issues with the handlebars hitting the tank at full lock?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bike is looking great! So does the matte black Triumph as well!

Regarding the shifting, I have same issue with my 848 EVO. I sometimes get the false neutral between 4-5 and 5-6. Changing oil definitely helped but it still happens. On my SFS, the gearbox is totally different! It so buttery smooth that shifting is never a problem. Not sure what the differences are between the two gearboxes.

Question regarding the Rizoma bars...it seems they are flatter and not as swept back towards the rider, correct? Is the version you bought higher than stock as well? Any issues with the handlebars hitting the tank at full lock?
Thank you Sir!

These Rizoma bars are actually a very similar bend to the stock SF bars, However they are lower (Flatter) and wider.
You can see in the photo below.
Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Ducati 848 STREETFIGHTER
13 Posts
Definitelly Sargent seat soft comfy an wear well best money I spent.Congrats n the SF they are a sweet ride an unique to own .Mines a daily rider.Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I was recently given an insane deal on a 2015 streetfighter 848 and i couldn't say no.
My buddy had this bike sitting in his garage for years after having hip surgery, a baby, and purchasing a new home he just didn't have the time to ride it anymore. Previously coming from owning Aprilias (still have my SXV550) i was skeptical of jumping into another Italian bike but i know this bike was in really good shape and had low miles so it was a no brainer (3450miles). What made the deal even sweeter? Boxes of goodies :)

View attachment 1016334
View attachment 1016335
View attachment 1016336
View attachment 1016337
View attachment 1016338

So the bike sat for 3 years more or less so the First order of business was Maintenance. I ordered a timing belt kit, already had everything for the oil change, (new tires will be ordered soon) checking over all the brakes, changing the brake fluid, removing EVAP canister, cleaning up some corrosion etc. The bike also came with new chains and sprockets so thats on the list to get changed as well. Once all the maintenance is all more or less done ill start adding upgrades.

First order of buisness - Timing belts, Emissions canister removal, and Oil change.

View attachment 1016339
View attachment 1016340
View attachment 1016341
View attachment 1016342

Much better
love this! I had a '12 848 in Yellow. When you removed the canister, what else did you have to do? I assumed doing that would throw off some errors or vacuum leaks, etc. Keep it up!

·
Registered
545 Posts
When you removed the canister, what else did you have to do?
You just have to plug the vacuum ports on the throttle bodies either with some bolts or silicon vacuum caps.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I will have to look into them. I'm just not a fan of the seat cover they use, but I guess that's changeable.
They do have a couple different covering options. Call them up...they are very good folks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts