Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I wonder if anyone may be able to help me I have an 04 s4r monster which I have just fitted a termignoni exhaust and ECU when I started the bike for the first time after fitting it ran for a short time and not very well however when it stopped it will not start again ,wont' even crank over has any one any idea what is the problem ? The pipes and ECU are for an 06 bike but it won't start even with the old ECU back on. Hopefully Brian

·
Registered
998 Posts
Let's see, 04-09, hows that battery doing? How about the connections that you should have disconnected while changing out ECU's. What does it do if you jump the solenoid terminals[posts]? What does a voltmeter tell you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I have not replied sooner thanks for the help but it turned out to be a bad connection on the neutral switch which was totally coincidental that it showed up just after I had swapped ECUs . I have made up some link pipes now and done away with the cat and it sounds fabulous just waiting till the 18th to have it set up at Moto Rapido. Thanks again for the help.Regards Brian.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Congratulations on getting that sorted - I bet it was a bear to diagnose!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed. The s4r is a beaut :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts