Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While having the fuel injection tuned up after finishing putting bike back together found that one cylinder was not getting any spark.

The horizontal cylinder was getting no power.

The spark plug wire was switched as was the coil. Both worked when put on other cylinder.

When the coil was wired direct to the ECU port #1 everything worked.

Has anyone come across a similar situation?

I am having a friend come by that is an electrical engineer to rewire it. Over qualified yes, but we all know that it is usually the other way. Nice change.

I am going to guess I somehow pinched something.

Initially it seemed the ECU was burned but when Travis from Corse informed us that the power coming out of the ECU is negative we found that the direct wire was done to the wrong wire.

I can't believe the wiring gave out. The fragility I am guessing is a bit high compared to vacuum cleaner Japanese.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, it is good to have another eye look at an issue. My friend was checking the wires and noticed there must be a change in color somewhere under the harness covering.

I went to bring out another beer and he realized I had misconnected the coil connector to the rear brake. The plastic connectors are the same.

When he said that I remembered I was worried about it when I was finishing up the connections.

Phew! One issue rectified easily.

This is a note for anyone else that stripped the bike and is putting it back together.

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts