Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't a dead battery be covered under warranty? 03' 999, I'am still under warranty!!!!!

I'am going to go after this with my dealer!!

I will post results...

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
They may. Usually, it is at a pro-rated amount, and after they deduct for that, you can often buy a battery elsewhere for what the remaining balance will be. Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just had a dead battery, used trickle charger all winter. Service manager says Ducati battery warranty is only 6 months.......ended up another $108 out of pocket, if this battery dies again by the end of the season, Ducati can kiss my business goodbye.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Don't know about the US but here in England we don't get much warranty on Batteries. My wife's car had a 3 year warranty and the battery failed after 14 months and they wouldn't change it (they said the battery only has a 12 month warranty), although the identical replacement they wanted me to buy had a 5 year warranty.

In the small print you will probably find that batteries are listed just above brake pads, clutch plates, drive chain, fluids and tyres as 'consumables'

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
my "new" used 03 999BIP had the battery replaced under warranty even though the bike is out - apparently DNA knows the 999 comes with a crappy battery. The battery was shot after the dealer delivered the bike - I called - a little later I got a new battery. Fight it out with DNA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts