Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
10% would make sense... 145 WHP is a solid number but not out of line for 1200 DVT's that have been properly set up. Too bad it takes all that work to get to where Ducati said the bike would be from the factory.
Agree, so I decided to go for the 1260, sick and tired of the dip

·
Registered
674 Posts
I always have to chuckle when I read these decat/exhaust threads. Be honest, the main reason folks modify the exhaust on a 130+ hp bike that they will be riding on public roads, is for the sound. They want the image, just like the harley guys who bolt on the obnoxiously loud pipes. 90% of us old(er) farts who ride multis won't derive any real life benefit from losing the weight of the cat, or from whatever power gains they may get.

I have been fortunate in that my multis have run well with the stock exhausts. Fat ducs smoothed out the fueling. All of the mods I've done to my bikes have been for safety, or comfort. The bike is plenty fast enough for any public road, and I prefer to ride swift and silent.

my 0.02. YMMV
Did do a change on my Monster but don't intend to change the exhaust on the Multi.
Already have Tinnitus as a result of the loud Monster and my previous Panigale. I need a quieter sport touring ride.
What I may do however is to install the Rapidbike unit left over from my Panigale and disconnect the exhaust valve.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts