Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am wanting to rid my bike of the cat converter but have found no De-Cat Pipe for my model can any one help ? :)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey ZeeBee just ordered my Leo Vince Kat Eliminator from Bayside Performance maybe up to 2 weeks delivery, can't wait to fit it. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Dave,

I got the LV sitting in the garage waiting to get fitted when I get my WASP PUK :)

I cant wait

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey ZeeBee just ordered my Leo Vince Kat Eliminator from Bayside Performance maybe up to 2 weeks delivery, can't wait to fit it. :D
That's a long way for it to travel! No local distrubtors?
It's a quality piece and pretty straight forward to install, just make sure to loosen everything up and remove the front head pipe. I thought I could get away without loosening the rear manifold, but nope - things wouldn't line up properly. I also had new exhaust gaskets on hand, but couldn't get the old ones out, so left them in place - no problems.

Enjoy,
Alex

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked around in Aus but not much luck thank god for the Internet and Paypal, with luck 6 - 10 days and it will be here. Hey thanks for the advise on loosening eveything up I will follow that as I don't need any hassels. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I installed the termi slip on with DP ECU, bike still rough and very lean in the lower RPMs, I too am looking to install the Leo de-cat piece but the bike is so lean now I dont want to make things worse, what tuners are you guys running, I have been looking at the Bazzaz since it says it will let you tune the lower ranges and the PCV will not,, thank in advance..

·
Registered
757 Posts
I installed the termi slip on with DP ECU, bike still rough and very lean in the lower RPMs, I too am looking to install the Leo de-cat piece but the bike is so lean now I dont want to make things worse, what tuners are you guys running, I have been looking at the Bazzaz since it says it will let you tune the lower ranges and the PCV will not,, thank in advance..
if i'm not mistaken then nothing will modify/tune the lower range without removing the closed loop. you can fool it by using those optimizer-type plug-ins. i've got the 2-2 with the ECU that came with it.... i just bought the LV decat plus got my stock ECU remapped w/o the CL. i still have to install them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've got the termi slip on's with dp ecu and lv decat. I have some decel popping and some gray ashen plugs. But really it seems to run fine. Plan on getting a reflash done at some point and adding a pcv and intake.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would like some info on the difference if any between the dp ecu that comes with the full termi's vs the dp ecu that comes with the slip on's.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had my Slipons, Ecu and Air filter cover fitted by the dealer and have had no problems, while searching for LV Cat Pipe sites stated no remapping required. WellI just have to wait and see

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would like some info on the difference if any between the dp ecu that comes with the full termi's vs the dp ecu that comes with the slip on's.

Depends. Older model slip-on ecu doesn't have the error code disabled when you remove the flapper valve motors, newer ones do.

The newer one is exactly the same as the full system ecu.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depends. Older model slip-on ecu doesn't have the error code disabled when you remove the flapper valve motors, newer ones do.

The newer one is exactly the same as the full system ecu.
Hmmm... I disconnected the wiring to the flapper valve motor when I installed my Siemens DP ECU with the Termi slip-ons, no error code here.

From what I've read on this board, the difference between the full system ECU vs. slip-on ECU is richer mapping for the full system - makes sense.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had my Slipons, Ecu and Air filter cover fitted by the dealer and have had no problems, while searching for LV Cat Pipe sites stated no remapping required. WellI just have to wait and see
Hey Hyper dave where did you order your decat pipes from?? Gotham cycles had a FREE freight to Australia deal on here. $250 landed at my door in 10 days!!
Mine was no worries with the slip ons,decat & big airfilter, still not running lean. does run a little rough off idle but a quick throttle body balance will fix that.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hmmm... I disconnected the wiring to the flapper valve motor when I installed my Siemens DP ECU with the Termi slip-ons, no error code here.

From what I've read on this board, the difference between the full system ECU vs. slip-on ECU is richer mapping for the full system - makes sense.
slip-on and system ECU both add 8% more fuel. The cams ecu adds 18% more fuel.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I guess ill just have to get use to the pop for now, but im ordering the bazzaz and see how that works, the dealer i picked up the nike from recommends it aswell to clean up the lower rpms

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi OB I had already ordered mine from Bayside Performane in US later, I found out about Gotham latter on & I have been trying to order some other gear from them but for some unknown reason PayPal keeps rejecting my order stating a list of invalid arguments :confused: :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts