Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't stand it anymore… these chromed rings had to go!

Much better now… like on my LeMans…:D

Attachments

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
De-blinging! I love it!

Its funny how most of us naturally lean towards adding bling to our bikes - even bikes like the SC series whose very appeal is their simplicity.

You've shown us another, and I expect some of us will think, better way.

Thanks! :)

-don

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looks awesome! What you do? Paint? :think:

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I removed them… i disassembled the dashboard… separated the two halfs carefully because there is a thin rubber seal in between… took off the circuit board… removed the last screw that holds the small cover around the lights… popped off the rings…

and reverse!

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Ha! Thanks for this. May be a nice solution for me because one of the chrome bezels on mine got dented.

I'd actually prefer to fix mine than remove it permanently. Do you want to sell me the one you took off?

·
Official Retired Person
7,566 Posts
On that bike that looks great! Very nice change.

Sounds rather easy to get inside the housing, too. I've thought about opening that cluster to see if I could tone down the high beam indicator light. Anyone else think those are just too bright?

·
Registered
211 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
821 Posts

Sounds rather easy to get inside the housing, too. I've thought about opening that cluster to see if I could tone down the high beam indicator light. Anyone else think those are just too bright?
they are all LEDs, so you might be able to put, say, a piece of paper inbetween the led and lense

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha! Thanks for this. May be a nice solution for me because one of the chrome bezels on mine got dented.

I'd actually prefer to fix mine than remove it permanently. Do you want to sell me the one you took off?
Why not…

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts

I don't but I ride far more during the day than night.

·
That cost how much?
398 Posts
Great job with the guages! did you paint the handle bars or did you replace with a black anodized set?

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I removed them… i disassembled the dashboard… separated the two halfs carefully because there is a thin rubber seal in between… took off the circuit board… removed the last screw that holds the small cover around the lights… popped off the rings…

and reverse!
PA.... NICE friggin job !! You are surely a patient man ! I was thinking about doing likewise but vacuum plating the housing with a dark color ....but I hate messing with computer type parts ....maybe I'll buy a used set offa ebay and ginea pig em....:think:

Stephano

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ciao Stephano!

It is really easy to do if you don't have two left hands…

why should i plate something when i can remove it?

The dashboard is the same as the ones on Monsters ant these have no rings…

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love the look of the white dials. I have the GT with the black ones. Does anyone know if you could just swap the clock covers themselves, seeing as the rest of the unit is exactly the same?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts