Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black 1998 ST2(1998). I was looking at the Ducati Design website for their headlight replacement kit but they don't have black listed as a color option. Anyone out there have a 1998 with the conversion kit? Any idea what the deal is with the color options? Any photos?

Sucks not to be able to ride at night...

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Send an e-mail or a PM to Paul Geller, Mr. Ducati Designs, with your question. Paul is a member of Ducati.MS and will be happy to help you. Ducati Designs is known for its great customer service.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Normally we set out some fresh meat, he'll be along soon enough. :D

Seriously though, isn't there an email address on the website?

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I just lit up the Bat Signal for Paul. He should be along shortly.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Here ya go:

http://www.ducatidesigns.com/

I'd love to have one, just too pricey. And, for some strange reason, the stock light works for me at night. Although, I do not tour at night, just commute on familar roads.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Me too. At least you don't have to convert from Canuck dollars. :(

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Shnikies, I didn't know that the USD gained on the CAD. I was just getting used to the inverse. ;)

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I've received an email from Paul off of his site.

I know, nearly $600 is a lot. But, mine is so terrible that on my trip from San Francisco to Carmel I wasn't sure if I was going to make it the last little bit. With only two lanes of traffic, nobody in front or behind it was like holding up a lighter to find my way. The high beam is enough to blind an oncoming car. It was SUPER sketchy.

I don't ride much at night but when touring, there are times that it happens. Even if it's for only an hour, man, when it's dark it's no fun. Enough hazards already to deal with. Not being able to see is one I can't deal with... I live in an area where there are deer. Need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was talking with a guy at work who has an 02 ST4, and he told me he hit a 3.5 foot traffic cone on his way to work. He did not see it until the last second. I told him about the DD light, hope he gets one. This was on a road he travels 5 days a week most of the year. Light on the road after dark is a good thing!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's criminal that ducati installed such a piss poor light on the bike. Love the bike, though there are a few things that make me scratch my head, light and kickstand being at the top of the list. No need to reinvent the wheel for some items....

If you can't spot a traffic cone, that says a lot. I have read and heard that some lights are better/worse than others. I think mine is in the worse category...

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
When searching for a headlight for the ST, Ducati took the term "candle power" literally.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
The DD light is proberly one of the best performance aids you can buy for an early ST and worth every single penny/cent.
If you a search you will find many posts singing its praises and Paul's top class sevice.
One bit of extar advice , get the lens protectors , they add a very few dollars but protect the lights from expensive admage from stones , I know this to my cost !
I'm sure Paul would even fit them if you ordered them at the same time.
Dont bother with different bulbs/HD units etc as the reflector itself does not respond very well to these items IMO.
100% Recommended

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Spoke with Paul via email yesterday. I let him know that the install is above my abilities as a 'mechanic'. I may take a trip up to see him in Portland. Sounds like a great reason for a ride. The bike is dangerous at night in dark places. I guess if you lived in a city you could deal with it, but I don't and cant....

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
Better still! I'll be in Tahoe the week of 8/3, and would be happy to do installs there. I know there are a few ST'ers looking for illumination, and it would be great to meet you when I have a beer in hand! Drop me a line at [email protected] and we can work out the details.

pg
DD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts