Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the new DB7 arrived at Bimota Spirit for assembly and shipment to me later this week. Bob called quite excited to say that Bimota had offered yet another surprise. Unlike the photos we had seen of an black DB7 with the same red frame as the standard bike, when Bob opened the crate, he found that Bimota had decided to stay with the same type of all black model much akin to their limited addition carbon framed model. Here are some shots of the Carbonio partially uncrated showing the black frame and detailing. Very very cool and can't wait to get what should be an even more unique ride than I originally expected.

Oh, and yes, that stupid monstrosity of a license plate hanger will be history before Bob ships the bike. Dave

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great Bike. The Bimota DB7 is on my wish list and this carbonio is really a dream come true for anyone that can buy one.:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dave- are you in need a personal assistant?? I can make myself available for the low low price of 1 Carbonio ride per week. :D

Gorgeous bike! I look forward to the day...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dave, Have room leaving Florida early next week. If it needs a ride would give me a reason to check out bimota Spirit.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
2nd picture rocks hard. :yeah: :yeah:

·
Registered
680 Posts
We have one on the showroom floor and have to agree it looks better than the Red White, it's more a dark charcol with clear coat over the carbon bodywork. The all black painted version is a model for Spain.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And once again we get to the Achilles Heel of Bimota, they build a great bike but fall down on communication. I already have the 'traditional' red/white paint scheme as the DB7 is shown in all of their publications on my Tesi 3D and DB6R. Looks great, but not, IMHO on the DB7, so I was not thinking of buying one in the near future. Then when I saw the Italian market version in black with a red frame, I said, 'hey, now that I like' and called Bob.

Now Bob Steinbugler has been Mr. Bimota here in the US since forever, and even he was not aware of the all black (frame included) paint scheme until he unloaded the crate and popped it open. And can you find this scheme anywhere on the Bimota Italy or USA site? Nope!

And how about Bimota merchandise? Shirts, hats, riding gear? Bimota owners are no less loyal or enthusiastic than a Duc owner, and Ducati cleans up on gear. I asked Bob about it, and he said that they have it in Italy but that the US company has not chosen to bring any of it in.

Great bikes, poor marketing. Dave

·
Registered
296 Posts
And how about Bimota merchandise? Shirts, hats, riding gear? Bimota owners are no less loyal or enthusiastic than a Duc owner, and Ducati cleans up on gear. I asked Bob about it, and he said that they have it in Italy but that the US company has not chosen to bring any of it in.
That's not just poor marketing.....that borders on insanity/stupidity.

·
Registered
87 Posts
And once again we get to the Achilles Heel of Bimota, they build a great bike but fall down on communication. I already have the 'traditional' red/white paint scheme as the DB7 is shown in all of their publications on my Tesi 3D and DB6R. Looks great, but not, IMHO on the DB7, so I was not thinking of buying one in the near future. Then when I saw the Italian market version in black with a red frame, I said, 'hey, now that I like' and called Bob.

Now Bob Steinbugler has been Mr. Bimota here in the US since forever, and even he was not aware of the all black (frame included) paint scheme until he unloaded the crate and popped it open. And can you find this scheme anywhere on the Bimota Italy or USA site? Nope!

Great bikes, poor marketing. Dave
Stunning Bike!! Looks awesome. My SB7EF was supposed to be the same gray(Anthracite) as my SB6, but when I opened the crate, it was deep blue. I had a new DB1SR in red/white, with no green that the Bimota book said never made production. Go figure. They had lots of neat merchandise in the mid to late nineties. Still have some kicking around.

·
Registered
154 Posts
OMG another stunning example, that paint scheme works really well.

As a side note what do you guys think the bike would look like with a small M1 like exhaust on?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to what I have been told/read the exist was built by Zard (ti with cf endcaps) to help fatten the midrange. The road tests say it seems to have an improved mid range vis-a-vis the 1098 so I guess it works. Since I love mid range and spend little time at the redline, I will live with this setup until someone comes out with something better. Anyone know of an aftermarket system at this point? Zard has a set of cans for the Tesi 3D but nothing so far for the DB7. Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice! Are you guys offering them for sale? Didn't see anything listed for Bimota at your site. Please advise. Dave
unless we plan on building up stock to sit on the shelf we usually don't put it on our web site. in the case of the db7, we've built 4-5 of these kits (we have devloped all kinds of neat little parts over the years). in the past we've offered sb8r air filters & fuel trimmers, yb-11 air filters, various tesi & sb6r items, etc..

anyway, our aluminum plate relocator for the db7 has the option of mounts for the factory turn signals (order with or without) and attaches to exsisting holes in the bodywork. we also offer an optional small license plate light if you ride at night. email or call me for more info.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dave, If you would be so kind as to post up some hi res pic's once the bikes ready as that's will be going straight on my wall at work as motivation :)

local dealer here has 2 in the normal colours, who knows next year may get to join the bimota club, R1 just doesn't make you feel special like bimota and Mv's do

1 - 20 of 22 Posts