Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i have been riding the Bimota to the RockStore in the Malibu mountains. I really forgot how well this bike rides in the twisties. When i sit on a Ducati 900ss or the Sport classic, i feel that i'm sitting on top of the bike. On the Bimota DB4ie, I feel like im sitting in the bike. Hard to explain in words, but there is just a different feeling. On my last trip to the rock store, i just passed a police car (parked and radaring) and was taking it slow, when i hear another motorcycle honking its horn at me. I look over and there is another Silver & Red Bimota DB4ie pulling up along side of me. The rider yells out "what the f". This wouldn't be a big deal, but there are probably only 3 or 4 of these bikes in the USA! The odds are pretty low that I would ever see another one in the USA, let alone at the Rock Store. I ended up talking to him about the bikes and what we thought of them. After that he invited me to see someones bike collection in Camerillo with some of his riding buddies. I am glad I took him up on his offer. Over 200 rare bikes on display, Multiple Bimotas, Ducati race bikes, One of Steve mcQueens bikes, and a kawasaki H3 1000 4 cylinder two-stroke! Yeah, i know Kawasaki didn't make one, but this guy had one made. It looked like it was made at the factory.

It is days like this that remind me why I still ride sport bikes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts