Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post some progress pics of the upgrades to my DB4. They are not all completed, should be done in a couple of weeks.

Tin coated fork legs
Marchesini Mag wheels
Mag inspection covers
Tachyon CF clip ons
SpeedyMoto frame sliders
Magura Brake/Clutch master
Brembo 4 pad calipers
Carbon shield for exhaust
Factory 3/4 fairing
Long belly pan
few other odds and ends

·
Administrator
12,297 Posts
Thanks for posting, this should be fun to watch the progress. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
LSL clipons or Two Brothers fully adjustable 3 size risers

I saw these on a DB4ie, a guy in Europe told me a German company made these special fully adjustable up down , in and out clipons in aluminum , or the dark
bronze. Three size risers to attach to the clamp then to the bar mount.
They were around 350.00 us at the time about 1 1/2 years ago. The Euro has made them more expensive with the exchange rate. Two Brothers also made these , their version may have a slightly different fork clamp that doesnt look as slim as this German manufacturer. Two Bros stopped making them due to their expense and low demand. They told me they sold the rights to a Japanese co called "the -theme" www.the-theme.com , The Japanese currency to our Dollar is also a lousy
exchange , making these around 400-450 for the full kit.
Just rotating the bars in and tilting the bar up toward the rider takes the pressure off the wrists and elbows greatly over the stock clipons. I am not sure about the Brake reservoir mounting and clearance to the choice of riser height I'll choose for my DB2.
I expect that putting too high a riser piece will make the bars look too silly and
not that necessary a height difference.
This Japanese company communicated with me as to getting them the money for these, it had to be through wiring the money through channels into their bank account. They wont let us use Visa for possible fraud.
Choosing the right clipons is a must for the look that compliments any exotic bikes design.
Another company is by gillestooling.com their Vb variobar clipon , vb extension for height adjustment , these are expensive and very trick
Gold or Silver.
such nice choices over the simple very little adjustment change of the basica ftermarket clipons.

The application on a bike http://www.twobros.com/Perf_Products/HB/Suz_GSXR1000_V3_Risers.htm

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have seen these from the two bros.com website but they are not there anymore, I never saw the application on a bimota..looks interesting..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks good, it would be interesting to find out how much weight you save on some of these parts, such as the Tachyon CF clip ons and the Mag inspection covers?

By the way is that your shop? If so spread some dirt around so I can feel a little better about mine:D.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good, it would be interesting to find out how much weight you save on some of these parts, such as the Tachyon CF clip ons and the Mag inspection covers?

By the way is that your shop? If so spread some dirt around so I can feel a little better about mine:D.
Thanks! Not my shop it's a friends and clean enough to eat off the floor.:eek:

Does any one know what the factory weight claim was, I think it was around 364 (that could be completely wrong).

I going to try and get a complete weight of the bike when it's all back together (wet, no fuel). The weight savings should be significant. The stock wheels weigh a ton, the masters are lighter, clip ons are lighter, lighter battery, and 3/4 fairing drop a lot quickly.

If you wanted to make a set of clip ons similar to the Tachyon you could do this:

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Woodcraft_43mm_Clip-ons.htm
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber&productID=5269&showDetail=1&categoryID=14|Ducati%20748%2D998%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber

^^ Just copy and paste the Moto link.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have found the factory declared weight and dimensions are usually WAY off. Probably because the brochures are printed before the actual production bikes are rolling off the line, or the factories are very optimistic.

10lbs are easier to knock off a brochure than the actual bike. :rolleyes:

Who reads the brochures and who really has an accurate scale to weigh their bikes?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mr. pig is correct, the actual "brochure weight" of any bike is very suspect (along with Bimota HP ratings, which Ken Zeller once described to me as "must be using small Italian horses")

I do own a set of electronic Longacre racing scales, so for the record....my DB4 Tricolore w/ Corse option (Ti muffler w/ stock header, Kehins, K&N's, special fuel tank, and electric fuel pump), with Odyssey battery, all fluids, but with an empty fuel tank....weighs 354 lbs.

Bruce

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bruce thanks for the info!! My bike was set up exactly as yours, before starting these changes.

I figured the stock weight claim was exaggerated. I just didn't know by how much.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Alex, I'd be interested to know how heavy the stock Antera's are (and how much your new wheels weigh too).

I have a feeling wheels (as usual) are the easy/best/most value improvement for handling & weight. I've had my eye on changing them...but things are difficult for me these days, as for most of us.

????

Bruce

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alex, I'd be interested to know how heavy the stock Antera's are (and how much your new wheels weigh too).

I have a feeling wheels (as usual) are the easy/best/most value improvement for handling & weight. I've had my eye on changing them...but things are difficult for me these days, as for most of us.

????

Bruce
Sorry, not Alex. Just have his master piece in the garage!;)

I'll try and get the weight difference in wheels. Just carrying the Antera's around they feel over twice as heavy as a set of BST's.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bruce, you might check the Thread "Antera Wheels" it is now on the second page, it may be of some help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where did you source the belly pan?
Thanks.
Thought I would post some progress pics of the upgrades to my DB4. They are not all completed, should be done in a couple of weeks.

Tin coated fork legs
Marchesini Mag wheels
Mag inspection covers
Tachyon CF clip ons
SpeedyMoto frame sliders
Magura Brake/Clutch master
Brembo 4 pad calipers
Carbon shield for exhaust
Factory 3/4 fairing
Long belly pan
few other odds and ends

·
Flying Brit
1,806 Posts
I'm looking for a right side (or set) of Tachyon clipon bracket for the DB4 if anyone has any leads? Mine has a stress crack and while I could probably get it welded would prefer a replacement

1 - 18 of 18 Posts