Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello bimotafans :)

I cant figure out how to get the eccentric chaintensioner removed from the rearwheelbolt (dont know if that is right word, im from Denmark) Is it boltet or pressed on, i am not sure! The bike has been parked for quit a while.. 30.000 km since 1993! Can i download a manual for this beauty somewhere?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I removed mine by leaving the axle adjustment bolts tight and first loosening the axle bolt. If I remember I was only able to get one off the other was pretty tight on the axle but that is not a problem you just pull it through.

For a manual most of it is just the same vintage Ducati 900 SS. There is a specific one for the db2 but it only covers things not in the Ducati manual. I have one but I am here in the US so that does not help much. I pulled it apart and just kept the English parts but do not know where the rest ended up.

Jim
il Capo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok, they are bolted on, i tried to loosen the umbraco´s, but they are to tight, im affraid ill break something if i try to use brutal force! So when the are off, or at least one of them, i can simply pull the rearwheelaxle through the bearings, right?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes that is correct. I think I had to use an impact driver to loosen mine. I am talking about the socket hex in the center of the adjusted mounting the axle to the eccentric.

Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is correct. I think I had to use an impact driver to loosen mine. I am talking about the socket hex in the center of the adjusted mounting the axle to the eccentric.

Jim
Ok, i was beginning to think, it was not mented to come off, but the hex, were for adjusting the chain only, and the three holes were an exstra option :D Bimota use some weird solutions, kind of smart when you get to learn how they work! I want to disasemble it next winter, and clean and oil all components, maybe then its easier to work whit in the future!

·
Registered
27 Posts
DB2DK PM me your e-mail adress and I give you a torrentfile to both the owners manual and service manual in pdf.

Hoppas du får ordning på hojen! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts