Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to update the suspension on my DB1 by sending it to Traxxion or Racetech for a rebuilt (plus possibly some valve work), but do have a few questions:

- is the rear shock rebuildable?
- rebuild or just buy a new one? If so, who makes one?
- emulators for the forks or just some new springs and oil?
- what sort of suspension have folks done to their DB1?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is whether it's worth the effort to "upgrade" or just ride it the way it is? I'm sending the forks and shocks all that way, so just want to make sure I get it right.

Would appreciate any suggestions or advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only people I have found who have shown any real interest in DB1 supsension are ***********. they have a set of springs listed for the front end and are willing to build a one off shock for the back end. I'm still thinking about both and hope to have them done by the end of the year. I'm dealing with the local *********** agent here who has been very helpful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to update the suspension on my DB1 by sending it to Traxxion or Racetech for a rebuilt (plus possibly some valve work), but do have a few questions:

- is the rear shock rebuildable?
- rebuild or just buy a new one? If so, who makes one?
- emulators for the forks or just some new springs and oil?
- what sort of suspension have folks done to their DB1?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is whether it's worth the effort to "upgrade" or just ride it the way it is? I'm sending the forks and shocks all that way, so just want to make sure I get it right.

Would appreciate any suggestions or advice. Thanks!
I can't answer all the questions, but I know that the rear monoshock can be rebuilt. I'm told that the internals are the same as the steel bodied Marzocchi PVS-1 used on some other bikes.

Seem to recall being told that Marzocchi spares supply is unreliable, but that the seals are the same as the Ducati 851. I had a monoshock rebuilt some years ago, but the Sunshine Coast firm declined to tell me where they sourced the seals. The rebuilt Monoshock has done over 20,000 kms.

M1R front forks have been serviced. I've kept front and rear shocks standard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts