Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up for a track day at Laguna Seca where there's a 90db noise restriction in a certain area.

I wanted to ask if anyone has used the baffles or db killers in a Termi muffler for a 999: how effective are they?

Does anyone has some sort of home made design they can share? Or perhaps has the original baffles laying around collecting dust? I would rather not having to worry about shortshifting/sandbagging in the section where the noise meters are...

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I signed up for a track day at Laguna Seca where there's a 90db noise restriction in a certain area.

I wanted to ask if anyone has used the baffles or db killers in a Termi muffler for a 999: how effective are they?

Does anyone has some sort of home made design they can share? Or perhaps has the original baffles laying around collecting dust? I would rather not having to worry about shortshifting/sandbagging in the section where the noise meters are...

Thanks!
I haven't run at Laguna on a 999 in a decade. But, from what I remember, the db killer alone didn't work. But then again, I ran a big exhaust back then.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I haven't run at Laguna on a 999 in a decade. But, from what I remember, the db killer alone didn't work. But then again, I ran a big exhaust back then.
I concur. And on top at that Zat has a 1198 motor in the bike which makes it even more difficult to silence without killing top end.
I have a suggestion zet. Find out where on the track they measure sound and not peg the throttle there. This works for me :). Alternatively. It may be simple to mechanically restrict the throttle opening which will shut the thing up and is less fucking around then making and trying bits that that clog the exhaust and kill power anyway.
How’s the bike been working for you? No problems?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just noticed this....

First off thanks for the suggestion. Bike has been superb! I'm about to have a track day with a friend who just got an 1199... Excited to see if I can keep up...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts