Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may be doing something with the db7 mirror situation. I may go to a hollow bar like the 1098R and run the oberon signal & mirror combo, as it is the cleanest one. Im I the first or has anyone done a change yet.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DB7 signals & mirrors

I really thought this would cause some interest, as all I can see out of these things is my jacket. But now I see flashing red lights. I installed signals as well.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,700 Posts
We just need more Bimota members to come around and they would appreciate what you are doing ;)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Good grief guys, remember the DB7 is an Eye-Talian SPORTbike and follows in the long and well established tradition of all such creatures: i.e. the mirrors are worthless. As Raul Julia said when playing the Italian racing driver in GUMBALL RALLY and jumping into the Ferrari Daytona Spyder and tearing off the rearview mirror, "Firsta rule of Italian driving, whatsa behind me is of no importance." Use the long established method of lane changing and merging for all Italian sportbikes, look over to your left or right and then twist the wick as hard as you can to outrun whatever may be coming up behind or alongside of you -- and pray:)

Curiously, this rule does not apply to Italian naked bikes, the mirrors on my DB6R work beautifully. Of course that exception to the rule is not universal, as the idiotic bar end folding mirrors on the Ducati Hypermotard as as worthless as teats on a bull elephant.

Dave

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished up the signal/mirror job, and what a big improvement in rear sight. Also installed some of Ken Zeller's pipe tips. This really opens up the swing arm area for viewing pleasure. No big change in noise level (baffles out of stock can).

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow - sweet bike! That looks so much different from the stock DB7 (and a lot nicer)! What modifications did you make?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was ordered with a full custom paint job. Designed by the owner and done at Bimota. Gold forks & wheels, black pipes. When it got here the rest of the mods were done like the Rizoma fluid tanks, tail chop and signals& mirrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts