Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going to Daytona this year & would like a buddy for the trip. Here are the basics:

Day 1. Trailer MCs from NJ to Hillsborough,NC. Spend the night (free house). Leave truck & trailer (secure location).
Day 2. Ride MCs from NC to Daytona ( ~ 600 miles) & not all slab. Tent camp.
Day 3. Ride North-central Florida. Don't be scornful if you don't know the roads: I do.
Day 4. Hang-out, do whatever. Go to Flat track races in the evening (March 15th).
Day 5. Free day.
Day 6. Daytona 200.
Day 7. RIde back to NC. Spend the night.
Day 8. Trailer back to NJ.

I'm flexible with the schedule with 2 exceptions: flat track races on March 15th & the Daytona 200 on March 17th. That said, it's possible to shorten the trip at both the front & back end if that makes it all work.

I don't mind mixed weather, but if the week before the forecasts look like unmitigated rain for the week, I'll pitch the whole plan.

If anyone is interested then PM me & we can discuss the particulars.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tick,tick,tick..

Bumpty, bump. Hello again. Time goes by and no one's interested in going to Daytona? It's a lot more fun to ride your bike than be a keyboard jockey. Still not too late to make a plan.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was planning on riding out there this year, definitely want to catch the Supercross, dont really care for the road racing

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,015 Posts
This is the thread I was looking for earlier.

Maybe see you there. I’ll be camping in the infield all 4 days. Look for two old farts running around on Kawi Z125s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright! At least there's a pulse out there. No infield camping for me; I'll be camped outside the city limits. It'll be easy to spot my bike...a road grimed, 2012 PP Multi, with NJ plates. Please say hello. :wink2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was planning on going but I got something on the 13th up here in Pa. was thinking about a ride to COTA though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
We'll be at the 200. Riding over from Ocala (Melillimoto, after 18k service & new tires) the morning of, with my dad (on a HD). Good luck with trip down!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Daytona

As I live about a mile & a half from the track I hope to "run into" some of y'all (southern) while out riding. My son and I plan on going to the TT on the 15th and the 200. He will be on my Multi and I'll be on my Wing since his Triumph is torn down and being restored. MTSBOOM. Seb is doing my brake recall this week on my Multi.

·
18,015 Posts
Been terrorizing the pits today on the Z-Monsters. The colonel already crashed once on grass. :)

·
18,015 Posts
Last night we partied and got drunk with Jay Springsteen. Very cool dude. What a wealth of motorcycle history. We listened to cool racing history first hand.

When we were good and drunk he was trying to describe riding Kenny Roberts TZ750 flat track bike. It reminded me of Metalhead doing his best description of ripping on his two-fitty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts