Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding home from work my 996 decides first gear is all that is needed for the rest of the day.

Pulling up to slower traffic at a light getting ready to split lanes I shift down into first and pop. The clutch lever pushes back a bit and when pulled I get a mm or two and it stops and the clutch plate is not moving. My GoPro shows the thought process. I look at the clutch lever (yea that will make it work.) It's not moving much.. I look at traffic then the RED light. Humm I look at the kill switch (That wont do well in first gear) I know Look at the clutch lever again.. This time it will work.. CRAP. Green light WOOT. I think maybe I can make it home if first if I catch the lights.. Humm 20 lights. I look right and head over to the side and nudge into N knowing this ride is over.

Off the bike I see the clutch plate is moving but not much. 2hrs later after a flatbed ride home I pull the clutch off then the slave.. Ahh the slave.

Somehow the ext adapter in my EVR slave has cocked out and stuck with the rubber plug protruding a bit (after taking it off the engine). No damage otherwise and I can put it all back together but now I fear my confidence will be a bit lower with it.

Long story long is there a longer clutch pushrod on the market that I can use and do away with the adapter?

Also looking for the Oberon 29mm Clutch slave in red that can be in California by weeks end if anyone knows of one for sale.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the clutch push rod from the 998 is 10mm longer then the 916,996. I'd start there

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
442 Posts
The length of the rod depends on the age of the bike not the model,
pre 2000 models are shorter!
Oberon includes an extentension, use it when your bike is pre 2000.
(the pushrod length is less then 30mm out of the crankcase)
Don't try the extentention when you've got the long rod version, otherwise the extension will get stuck in the clutchslavercilinder.
I've tried several slaves but only with the Oberon you'll get what's promised.

The travel length of your clutch will be longer as oem.
But you were allready using an EVR slave then the travel will be the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts