Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
It is worth the time to watch the video to get another persons perspective on the bike and the NAME of the bike.

I never knew that his name was Dax but he is a funny actor. Also good to see that he hits the track.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It is worth a watch to see how clueless the guy is about the bike he rides. He thinks the Hyper comes with Ohlins suspension on the front and the Monobloc's are only on the Hyper and Desmosedici... and he can't even pronounce Desmosedici.

It's cool to see the Hyper getting some exposure on a show like that but Dax could have done a little studying before doing the show.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Yeah; that video was funny and painful at the same time. I love Adam though.

Sounded like my wife trying to talk about my bike; 'It's got two wheels, a chain, but the chains for anti-lock braking, an Ohlins gastank, mirrors from the $80,000 Desmodesuzuki'...

·
Registered
290 Posts
It just uploaded to my ipod two seconds ago, i'll have to listen to it on the flight.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Note to self...............don't wear your **** gear when doing an interview about cool motorcycles. WTF Corolla....................your off two decades.....................maybe that shit is in again, but I don't wanna see any of you homos in that gear. Any of you homos touch me, I'll kill ya! Lighten up Francis! Stripes and American classic...................pink plaid shorts, not so much!

Out!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Either Dax is really tall or his bike has been heavily lowered. I have never seen someone flat foot with there knees bent on a Hyper. I wish I knew what he did because my short 5'7" French frame has to tippy toe at every stop.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dax Shepard was on Stern today. He is hella funny! He did'nt talk about the Hyper but said he rides with the Arnold Swartzneger (totally spelled wrong:D).

It's sweet he rides/tracks a Hypermotard. Also on his show, Parenthood, there is a Duc in the background - I wonder if that one is his too.

For those that listen to Stern, check it out!

BaBaBooey FaFaFooey to you all!

·
Registered
156 Posts
this dude dax is loaded and he has a stock 1100s with some gay aftermarket mirrors...

how bout a pipe or some rizoma bits - pussy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Dax Shepard was on Stern today. He is hella funny! He did'nt talk about the Hyper but said he rides with the Arnold Swartzneger (totally spelled wrong:D).

It's sweet he rides/tracks a Hypermotard. Also on his show, Parenthood, there is a Duc in the background - I wonder if that one is his too.

For those that listen to Stern, check it out!

BaBaBooey FaFaFooey to you all!
I heard Dax on Howard today too (F Jackie!). Seemed like a cool guy, even cooler now. He might be too busy with his acting career, and banging hot chicks to hang out on the internet and study all the info on all the Ducatis. Like the rest of us. He's engaged to Kristen Bell now.

Ted

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
this dude dax is loaded and he has a stock 1100s with some gay aftermarket mirrors...

how bout a pipe or some rizoma bits - pussy
Maybe his is stock the same reason yours still has all the ugly silver bits still silver when powder coat is cheap and easy...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I heard Dax on Howard today too (F Jackie!). Seemed like a cool guy, even cooler now. He might be too busy with he's acting career, and banging hot chicks to hang out on the internet and study all the info on all the Ducati's. Like the rest of us. He's engaged to Kristen Bell now.

Ted
We went to the opening night of Inception... he and Kristen Bell were sitting in front of us. I didn't recognize her, but my fiancee did. I recognized him from Idiocracy, one of my favorite movies! I guess I should have given him my card so we could get his Hyper hooked up. Shame to see it so stock!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Maybe his is stock the same reason yours still has all the ugly silver bits still silver when powder coat is cheap and easy...
ive had my bike for 4 months and have spent over 8 thousand dollars. rearsets and pass pegs arent high on my list right now .
lets see ur bike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yah, he was a little off when he said "dudes jump these bikes"....although days ago I saw a video of someone racing a Hypermotard on a Supermoto track (with a dirt section)! He was hitting the jump and everything - though it was not practical! It was pretty cool though. It looked like he dumped it over a dirt jump and killed the right side plastics ! Dude must have hella money or be sponsered by Ducati somehow. Anyone know where that video is???

These bikes are made for street only IMO; unless you make it a total custom (suspension, etc.). Even then it's hella heavy compared to a CRF or other supermoto bike.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ive had my bike for 4 months and have spent over 8 thousand dollars. rearsets and pass pegs arent high on my list right now .
lets see ur bike
Haha - I think MongoWera was just trying to prove the point that everyone has a different opinion of what they like on their own bikes. Some people like bikes completely stock and original or w/out a tun of aftermarket parts (I wish I was like that :mad:).

I know I hate aftermarket parts on trucks (i.e lifts, rims, exhaust), but I don't hate on people that roll with all that stuff.

Damn, 8K in aftermarket parts on your Hyper...I hope you plan on keeping it forever!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does that make you cooler than someone else? :confused: :think:

Don't be a douche.
Ha! love this. I've had my bike for 1 month, it now has a fender eliminator, license relocated, louder exhaust, a better air intake, and has substantially more grunt than stock - I've spent about $20!

Now, do I spend that leftover $7980 on a new jetski or a new snowmobile?

·
Registered
209 Posts
exhaust $2000.00
rearsets $1000.00
Ohlins Cartridges $1400.00
Big tank $600.00
Cams $600.00
steering damper $500.00

It doesn't take much, and this stuff is all go and no show.

Ted

·
Registered
290 Posts
exhaust $2000.00
rearsets $1000.00
Ohlins Cartridges $1400.00
Big tank $600.00
Cams $600.00
steering damper $500.00

It doesn't take much, and this stuff is all go and no show.

Ted
For that much cash you could spend a week at the California Superbike School (or another school like it) and be a much faster rider than the aforementioned stuff will make you. Just sayin...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts