Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the date codes are for the gt1000 ecus that are recalled. mine runs real lean and back fires on deceleration, gets hot like 255 hot, and dies when i come to a stop. oh and won't stay lit under 175. i have put an arrow exhaust and opened up the airbox.

if i cannot get a new ecu will the fatduc2 help me?
any help thanks
jay

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
yikes, I think you should put the original airbox back. that is too much air for the stock ecu. 255 is not that hot, but you can't run an open airbox with the stock ecu.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
yikes, I think you should put the original airbox back. that is too much air for the stock ecu. 255 is not that hot, but you can't run an open airbox with the stock ecu.
I absolutely aggree.
Take a quick look at our findings on open exhausts with standard ecu.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=67898
Be very carefull.

As a side note - We had to dump a heap of fuel into the closed throttle (3500 rpm < 0 rpm) on rundown to stop the open Zards from popping on decel.

Greg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

can i keep my same set up if i add on one of these o2 sensor piggy back enrichers? my bike is a salvage and i have no red key so i can't change ecu's very easy. is a dp ecu my only choice? you guys are a big help so please advise. thanks again. jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts