Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you can help me, I have owned my 916 over ten years. It has been laid up the last couple of years, i had a blog going and am in the process of getting it back on the road. My 916 was very reliable as i covered around 40k in the years owned. It has been very good until last year when a couple of times it cut out with no success to start again. Also the main bearings failed. I traced it down to the alarm which when taking apart datatool veto evo plus alarm the main board had a burnt out board. One of the transistors seems to have failed.

I have started to cut it out but have problems with the issue as the 916 i have had the alarm fitted as standard so the rear of the harness is all black wires from the datatool. I know i have no spark as the loom at the back needs to be wired. Also there are some other parts that are not connected. The rear brake light switch plus another connector on the same side going to the engine.
I need to wire up the coils and the rear brake light switch plus another connector.

I have tried to find any posts about removal or wiring diagrams? Any one know what to do in the sense of wiring up so i can get the rear of the wiring harness sorted? I carried out a quick search on ebay but am not sure which one to get or wonder if it is easier to wire up mine correctly?

thanks in advance vinnychoff

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe

I might have some success, I removed the alarm and looking on the web 1 and 2, 5 and 6 are the wires that affect the bike starting. As my bike only clicks, it does not turn over the engine, I checked at the solenoid. I am getting 8 volts before the button is pressed and 12vt after. I have ordered one to see if this is the issue. I can also see that I am not getting 12volts at the crank position sensor. The trouble with wiring as it gets older.
Vinny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts