Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going by eBay pictures and listings the connector would be the same between a 749/999 and 848/1098/1198. Has anyone compared the wiring and swapped the dash? I'm already running sans immobilizer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that, I'm trying to get a wiring diagram on my phone which isn't working so well. So has anyone dissected the connector to rearrange the pins to not fry the dash on install?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I have the break down of the dash boards wiring for both bikes now. Although in different positions most of the wires match up. (2 LH signal, 2 RH signal, antenna +/-, air temp sensor, TRAG and finish line (whatever those are). The 749 runs a 2 wire CAN to the iaw 59m ecu, this is where the dash picks up rpm, speed and temp from the ecu. On the other hand the 1098 runs 4 or 5 wires to the iaw 5am ecu. Most of them have other items in the circuit like lambda sensors, ex up motors and DDA. Does anyone have insight on if the newer 1098 ecu uses a two wire CAN and which they would be? On the farther out end could a 848/1098/1198 wiring harness, dash and 5AM ecu be retro fit to run the 749

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
This is interesting that you would dig this deep to switching it over. I have no clue, but doesnt TransLogic have a dash for the 749/999? I would like to switch my 996s over to the race dash of years past but dont have the knowledge or resources to source one yet! Good luck in your venture and certainly post pictures once done!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking to do a cafe conversion on the bike so the stock dash is just too large and oddly shaped to hide. The worst case scenario and cheapest option would be just switching over to a Trail Tech Vapor or Koso dash units and wiring in each component with their own sensors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts