Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash lights for the Speedo and Tacho are not working anymore:(

I read in other posts that it could be either a failed LED (in which case I'm screwed) or a broken wire. How do I know which is the actual problem?

I tried unplugging and refitting the plug and moving the bars from side to side, pushing pulling the wires etc but no difference. If I knew which pin/wire was for the LED I could check that but I have know way of knowing.

Any help appreciated.

R

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had same problem

I read in other posts that it could be either a failed LED (in which case I'm screwed) or a broken wire. How do I know which is the actual problem?

I tried unplugging and refitting the plug and moving the bars from side to side, pushing pulling the wires etc but no difference. If I knew which pin/wire was for the LED I could check that but I have know way of knowing.

Any help appreciated.

R

I had same problem. Check the wire the location I pointed in the attaced jpg file. You need to cut the black tube then check the Y/Bk color wire in the tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had same problem. Check the wire the location I pointed in the attaced jpg file. You need to cut the black tube then check the Y/Bk color wire in the tube.
Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow - what was your outcome?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow - what was your outcome?
My case, dash light some time off and on. Then I found that when I turn the handle bar fully left, light is on then tern right, light is off. When I pinch or squeeze the wire harness then light is on. Before you cut the black tube, you can try same thing as I did then if the light is on, the wire is disconnected inside of the black tube. I soldered the the disconnected wire and fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I open the tube up and check for a circuit earth to Y/Bk, nothing. I tried some of the other wires and they did create a circuit. What does this mean?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not Y/Bk

Ok, so I open the tube up and check for a circuit earth to Y/Bk, nothing. I tried some of the other wires and they did create a circuit. What does this mean?
Sorry I re-checked Sport1K circuit diagram.
See attached jpg. Yellow wire is the one providing the power to back light of instrument panel. (Y/BK is hi-beam)
The yellow wire came from Key switch is branched at inside of black tube then provide the power to front and rear position lights.
In my case, One of the Yellow wire was disconnected at the branch point.
You also had better to check the Fuse #2 (under the seat)

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I re-checked Sport1K circuit diagram.
See attached jpg. Yellow wire is the one providing the power to back light of instrument panel. (Y/BK is hi-beam)
The yellow wire came from Key switch is branched at inside of black tube then provide the power to front and rear position lights.
In my case, One of the Yellow wire was disconnected at the branch point.
You also had better to check the Fuse #2 (under the seat)
Interesting, I noticed that the black tube had been cut open at some point and taped up. The yellow wires look like they have been cut! When I tested the yellow wires (earth to end nearest the front of bike) the front indicator came on! The indicators work fine though. Maybe I should cnnect them back up?

I'll try and post a pic up to show what it looks like.

Thanks

R

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just noticed this same problem tonight but was wondering if it was the result of riding through a long, pounding rainstorm. The wiring on this bike does not seem adequately protected.

6,048 Posts
Did you ever fiddle with the oil temp to Time button?
The dash light has a dimming and off setting?

JC

Any help appreciated.

R

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm having dash light issues, When I turn the key on, the dash lights only flicker, hit start button and no go nothing. Anyone know what it may be? (I can't post the video I took showing the issue)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts