Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LCD screen cracked on my 939SP. Is it possible to buy a new instrument cluster (part 40611222C) and code the original keys to it? Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had it done. I replaced my dash after a trackday mishap but had Rexxer flash the ECU as well. Dealer had to sync everything with DDS. Make sure if you buy a used dash that it has less miles than what you currently have. The DDS will code everything to whatever has the most miles logged. Meaning, out of the ECU, dash, and black box. So if your replacement dash has more mileage, the current ECU, and black box gets coded with that mileage. There's no going back once that happens.

·
Registered
2020 Hypermotard 950 SP
7 Posts
If you buy a new instrument cluster from Ducati, it comes with two new keys and the key card. Your old keys technically could be programmed to it, but why would you bother when you have two brand new keys already keyed for the new dash?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it plug and play or does a dealer have to link the ECU to the dash to the keys?

·
Registered
2020 Hypermotard 950 SP
7 Posts
From what I know of, the ECU and dash still need to be paired, but I could be wrong. I had to investigate all this when I thought I lost a key and was considering replacement but never went through with it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update 1.0: Finally got a callback. The dash does not come with new keys. The master tech said the old keys (2 black only) must be paired with the new dash in the shop. There's no way to DIY unless someone donates the LCD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts