Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have been wanting a Gopro for a while but I am not sure they are conveniently set up to use as a dash cam (like seating of the windshield riser facing the road) I prefer not having a camera on my helmet, but not completely against it if I can't find a permanent setup on the bike itself.
I have been looking at different dual cameras (front and back) from different brands online but still not convinced.
Anyone can help me with this if you have one or considering it.
Thanks and safe riding to all .....

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have Drift HD Ghost which I rate pretty highly.
They are now superseded and the newer models are even better.
What I liked about my model is that they are waterproof, rotating lense, LCD screen, the app works well, remote control, are a lot sleeker than the GoPro and can be set up to run as a dash cam so when the bike starts they start and record 10 or 20 minute loops and powered by the bike. ( they are not waterproof this way)
Then newer models are different again so do your homework.
The police here also use them which says a bit in itself.
I have mine mounted at the bottom of my mirror stalk.
I can show some pictures of you like.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,240 Posts
I have seen some members using these two and there should be some good information out there on both:

Reactions: DucatiMSFrance

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Drift HD Ghost which I rate pretty highly.
They are now superseded and the newer models are even better.
What I liked about my model is that they are waterproof, rotating lense, LCD screen, the app works well, remote control, are a lot sleeker than the GoPro and can be set up to run as a dash cam so when the bike starts they start and record 10 or 20 minute loops and powered by the bike. ( they are not waterproof this way)
Then newer models are different again so do your homework.
The police here also use them which says a bit in itself.
I have mine mounted at the bottom of my mirror stalk.
I can show some pictures of you like.
Good luck.

THANK YOU for your info. I will check it out for sure...Safe riding

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hope these help.
I use spiral cables and Velcro straps to control them ( last picture) and a 90 degree usb at the back all ebay.

I had shorten the locking screw on the clamp a bit.

I hope this helps I can send better pics next time I wheel the bike out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed a MotoWolf and it seems to be pretty good. Haven’t downloaded any footage off it, but it’s mainly just for emergencies. But maybe I’ll pull some off just the see.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just watched the review of the Ghost HD on Revzilla, by farr the best camera out there and won't hurt your wallet. Thank you. Hoping to find a great post Xmas sale on one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed a MotoWolf and it seems to be pretty good. Haven’t downloaded any footage off it, but it’s mainly just for emergencies. But maybe I’ll pull some off just the see.
Rode about 700 miles this week, out to West Virginia and back, so I decided to pull some clips from the MotoWolf (M6 I think). Pulling straight from the SD card doesn't give GPS data or picture-in-picture, so maybe I need to use the app for that...Here's a front and back for the same clip. The front camera was a little dirty by this point, so that's affecting the quality of the front video...that said, I think it'd be tough to pull a plate unless the light was absolutely ideal. But, overall, I'm satisfied with the quality of the video and the unit in general. Other than pulling the SD card to check videos, it has been completely "set it and forget it," and I can't find any evidence that it hasn't recorded any rides or anything like that...I'm pretty confident that if something happens, this unit will catch it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts