Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ducati 1098 SF and noticed that when the bike vibrates enough ( about 4000 RPM) the dash backlight turns off, the front light turns off, the check engine turns on and the petrol light flashes. any idea what cables may have been compromised for this to happen? once the revs are low and stable everything returns to normal. if it makes any difference i just had the clutch plates/basket replaced a few days before.

·
Bon Vivant
10,411 Posts
Who did the work? It probably has nothing to do with your dash issue but it wouldnt hurt to tell them about it and see what they say.

The dash issue is not completely unheard of with this bike and it usually results in replacing the entire instrument. but check all of the connections first, unplug and re-seat every connection you can find leading to the dash.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The fact you loose only backlight and the lcd still work point to the instrument panel itself unfortunately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies, it is looking like the electrical rectifier but ill know for sure once i swap it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts