Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Darmah and would like to find a decent rack or rack design for it.
Does anyone have a design or a photo of one that doesn't look too hideous?

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Way back in the eighties when I had a Darmah, I fitted a small rack off a BMW K-series on the ducktail. It wasn't huge but it allowed me to carry stuff and tie it down and so on. Don't know if that helps, but maybe a wrecker has an old K?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ward.
Does that mean that it was bolted directly into the fibreglass or was it cleverly mounted onto the frame somehow?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
319 Posts
My gut tells me that it was bolted through the fibreglass. (Though my heart wonders how I could have done such an insensitive thing to the Darmah!! - Youth?)

There were (fading recollection) four 'posts' that protruded from under the rack that sat on the ducktail. I don't think that there was any other way to get it attached. It was almost exactly the same size as the 'flat bit' on the Ducktail itself, which is why I used it.

If there's a wrecker near you they might have an old 'K' with one one...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ward said:
My gut tells me that it was bolted through the fibreglass. (Though my heart wonders how I could have done such an insensitive thing to the Darmah!! - Youth?)

There were (fading recollection) four 'posts' that protruded from under the rack that sat on the ducktail. I don't think that there was any other way to get it attached. It was almost exactly the same size as the 'flat bit' on the Ducktail itself, which is why I used it.

If there's a wrecker near you they might have an old 'K' with one one...
Ouch!
Still, I might be able to make up a couple of steel loops that go over the duck tail and attach to the subframe underneath to which the rack could be attached.
Hmmm...I'm thinking now...........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts