Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just curious as to thoughts on this mod. Is it worth the money for the link, shock rebuild etc etc? Is there a noticeable difference in handling with a more liner rate link or not so much? Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
For track riding it's like night and day. I have this link and the shortened TTX shock, absolutely fantastic. A big increase in grip and traction, as well as a stability improvement. If your budget allows I would highly recommend an adjustable or 30mm offset triple clamp as well. Kyle does a Nicholls one, which I also have.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
For track riding it's like night and day. I have this link and the shortened TTX shock, absolutely fantastic. A big increase in grip and traction, as well as a stability improvement. If your budget allows I would highly recommend an adjustable or 30mm offset triple clamp as well. Kyle does a Nicholls one, which I also have.

Cheers.
He's right. I have this set up on my 1098/1198 but if it is a street bike don't waste your money. You don't need it for street bike.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's right. I have this set up on my 1098/1198 but if it is a street bike don't waste your money. You don't need it for street bike.
Thanks for this - I had a feeling that would be the case. I love my SP and its fun to ride on the street but I'm more interested in riding it on the track. This seems like a worth while investment down the road, along with the offset triple. Next mod decided...

Thanks for the input!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
614 Posts
I noticed a difference with just a DU511 (Ohlins S) and Ducshop link in the most linear setting. No TTX or other mods needed except a shortened ride ht. rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts