Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Damn...I've gone and done it

4K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  mals900ss 
#1 ·
Just put down a deposit on a Hypermotard at Ducati Seattle.

It'll be a nice trip to go to an exceptional shop to pick it up and ride it back.

Got to support those outstanding dealers.

Who else is in line for one of these bikes?

#2 ·
I have been seriously thinking about it. If it wasn't for a new home purchase in the next few months...I would have a deposit on one. Come Summer/Fall things might look a little better and hopefully save some for a deposit. I never saw one in person at the shows, I cant wait to see one in person, let alone take it for a spin. Congrats Mark, I'm jelous!

#3 · (Edited)
Congratulations!

And let me catch my breath.The last two days have seen not only a Kenny Roberts MotoGP bike setting the fast time in Qatar, but Mark Buckelew has bought a Terblanche styled Ducati ! At least you waited for a really good one. I sure hope that your second experience with Ducati quality control is much different than the first one. Anyway, now the sweet agony of waiting is all yours.

Hope they make a large first run of these bikes. Seems like there is a great pentup demand for the bike that ( in my opinion anyway ) the MS should have been in the first place.

b.

#4 · (Edited)
I've heard many nice things about the Supermotard by Ducati. I recall a pic of it and it was sweet. Hypermotard riding/racing sure looks like fun, besides a great training tool for street or track.

Dependability? 2V motor is bullet proof and at 100HP, hi torque and 385 lbs. I'll bet it rips.

You lucky guy Buck, I was waiting for your post.

BTW, just saw the new multi-spoke BST wheel for hypermotard bikes, one word, beautiful!

#5 ·
Bravo, my friend! It sure is a helluva bike. I can imagine that this thing is gonna RIP on the tight backroads. Almost worth my while to get one just for my annual trip down to the NC mountains!

Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure it's gonna be a blast!

Barry.

#6 ·
Buckelew said:

It'll be a nice trip to go to an exceptional shop to pick it up and ride it back.

Let us PNW types know when you will be out our way. Maybe we can all go for a ride.

#9 ·
bevel450 said:
Congratulations!

And let me catch my breath.The last two days have seen not only a Kenny Roberts MotoGP bike setting the fast time in Qatar, but Mark Buckelew has bought a Terblanche styled Ducati ! At least you waited for a really good one.
Fortunately, there wasn't much for him to do since it is essentially bare!

#10 ·
Bill_Anderson said:
Let us PNW types know when you will be out our way. Maybe we can all go for a ride.
Bevel was the first person I called after I did it.....he found out before my wife. We've already talked about how we're going to arrange the ride back.

I'm definitely not the first on the list...and by the end of the week, I'm sure I won't be the last. We'll definiteley have to spend some a couple of days in the Seattle area on the backroads. Hell...maybe put the break-in mileage around Seattle and let Dave's guys do the first check.

I'm jazzed.

#11 ·
Dave_R_996 said:
hello federico, i have this friend, he is really sorry if he hurt anyones feelings, do you think he could have his early : )
Should I e-mail Federico and Michael? I don't think Carlo and Joe could do anything for me now - and htey were my buddies....Maybe Renato would help me out....great guy.

#17 ·
I HATE you Mark!

#18 ·
Synergy said:
I have been seriously thinking about it. If it wasn't for a new home purchase in the next few months...I would have a deposit on one.
I have one "word" for you, Synergy...."HELOC"!!! Lol, perhaps not coincidentally, that's how I paid for Mark's 853. :)

#19 ·
I never knew what those were, sure looks like a spartan little thing...you know, all killer no filler.

Matt

#21 ·
I agree. Obviously Terblanche decided to do something about his flourescent lighting bleached skin and take a day of vacation at the local beach admiring the local lovelies. ( Either that or a few minutes perusing wickedweasel.com, heh heh !)

Just enough coverage to accent the form of the functional hardware. Nothing finer. Naked bikes rule !

b.

Matt748 said:
...you know, all killer no filler.

Matt

#23 ·
None quoted, but I recall that on his blog survey everyone thought it should be between 8-10K usd. Which makes sense as it is basically a stripped Monster in terms of cost. How much can a swim suit cost, over that of the basic Duc frame ?

LOL....maybe Ducati will adopt the price structure of really fine lingerie. The less there is of it the more it costs ! ( Egads....I can see it now....the Ducati Hypermotard La Perla edition...lol).

It sure is nice and I just might buy one as well.

b.

sunny said:
whats the cost of the new motard?

#25 ·
Buckelew said:

Word is out on you dude. There was a video of you taking one of the Tards for a demo ride and ripping off Seattle Ducati. :mad:

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/HyperBuckelew.wmv

#26 · (Edited)
spoke to our local dealer today who mentioned a release arrived in the past 2 days, in AUD $ retail between 17 & 18 000 (about 12 000 USD). He has no orders at present but feels the first shipment will be gone soon.

Then again what you hear from this dealer you take with a BAG of salt.

if it wasn't for the fact of no negotiation and having to pay full retail, I'd put a deposit down on Monday.

Mal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.