Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody from Greece !

I am currently Considering buying a Ducati Monster 900 2000 Model with a damage on the Ignition Side... My fears are that the Monster has an 2001 engine and the guy has removed the injection parts and replaced them with Carbyrators... Is that going to cause more problems to the Future ???
Thats the one thing that concern's me.
The other is that he sais : That he tried to start the engine and the Flywheel broke causing bigger damage to the surround parts and needing to replace most of them !!! Cost ? around 700$ -800$...

The Bike has alot of extra parts such as rear ohlins suspension and front springs DP Kit , Ohlins Stabilizer , Lots of Carbons extra tank , and others...

The Cost to purchase it is around 2.500 euros in dollars i think 3.000$...

First of all I would like to know your opinion about the Damage on the flywheel
Second about the modification of the Injection to Carbyrator
Third does it worth buying and Fixing it ?

Thanks all of you for your time !!!:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds like a nice, yet overpriced parts bike to me.
That's just the conditon you can see - who knows what else might be wrong.
I wouldn't pull the trigger on that one!

·
Registered
407 Posts
don'tdo it

Hello everybody from Greece !

I am currently Considering buying a Ducati Monster 900 2000 Model with a damage on the Ignition Side... My fears are that the Monster has an 2001 engine and the guy has removed the injection parts and replaced them with Carbyrators... Is that going to cause more problems to the Future ???
Thats the one thing that concern's me.
The other is that he sais : That he tried to start the engine and the Flywheel broke causing bigger damage to the surround parts and needing to replace most of them !!! Cost ? around 700$ -800$...

The Bike has alot of extra parts such as rear ohlins suspension and front springs DP Kit , Ohlins Stabilizer , Lots of Carbons extra tank , and others...

The Cost to purchase it is around 2.500 euros in dollars i think 3.000$...

First of all I would like to know your opinion about the Damage on the flywheel
Second about the modification of the Injection to Carbyrator
Third does it worth buying and Fixing it ?

Thanks all of you for your time !!!:)
Find something else!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts