Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12' matte grey 1098s was knocked over in the garage. Luckily nobody hurt and appears to be minimal damage to the bike. I have determined it will need a new rear fairing (the one the tail light sits in) and a new pillion cover. Can I use parts from any model/year of streetfighter as well and any model/year of the superbike it's based on. I've also considered going carbon fiber to avoid painting. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
My 12' matte grey 1098s was knocked over in the garage. Luckily nobody hurt and appears to be minimal damage to the bike. I have determined it will need a new rear fairing (the one the tail light sits in) and a new pillion cover. Can I use parts from any model/year of streetfighter as well and any model/year of the superbike it's based on. I've also considered going carbon fiber to avoid painting. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

You can use any 848/1098 SF model. The superbikes are different although based on them.

Carbon is a great option with your Matt gray. I’ll pm you some details

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This page is no longer trafficked very much, but I will update anyway. MotoComposites hooked me up with the parts I needed. Price was very reasonable and well less than half of what new painted ducati plastic would have been. Fit and finish is very nice. I still had to do some dremel work, but not much. Final outcome looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great.

Didn’t know the tail was broken in 2 pieces
I think they do this for ease of manufacture and I'll tell you, it makes the bike much easier to work on and put back together this way. I was very happy with the design. I've saw a few others doing the same when looked for parts. Ducati San Antonio recommended MotoComposites

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Have you not sealed it together ? I did with mine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks great.

Didn’t know the tail was broken in 2 pieces
It's looking excellent, I didn't know either that it was in two parts because the one that I saw was a one piece moulding the same as the original.
Moto-composites make some good quality carbon it's just a shame that the powers that be over here in the UK have your pants down when it arrives on our shores.

Geoff...>:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts