Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 999 2012 1199s
102 Posts
For whatever reason I don't feel any air coming in through the jacket at any speed unless i'm just walking with it. It gets just as hot, if not hotter than my super rider non perf leather jacket. I just bought it a couple weeks ago and I've ridden with it in 60 degree weather and 100 degree weather and I got just as sweaty both times.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I wear vented jackets most of the year. The key is airflow that can flow through the jacket and vent in the low pressure area at back of jacket. Of course it's useless if your not moving. Or in a racing tuck on your 999. Or when the humidity is sky high and you get no evaporative cooling from the airflow.

I only had an issue when the jacket was too snug and did not permit airflow through and out.

Maybe your not wearing the correct size?

Bob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've noticed the arms are snug and air does not pass through. Also when the back is tight against my back it restricts airflow. Other than that I'm happy with the purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a snug fit if you have a "round" belly like I do. I'm 5'9", 175 but am working on dropping down to 165ish which will make a size 52 more comfortable. Even as is, I've gotten a lot of complements on it. Good luck!

"As a boy I had monsters under my bed and now as an adult they live in the garage. Just can't get away from them." - Numbercruncher

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same jacket and I really like to comfort of it. I rode from SoCal to Utah and back with it. Great jacket in my opinion

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
For whatever reason I don't feel any air coming in through the jacket at any speed unless i'm just walking with it. It gets just as hot, if not hotter than my super rider non perf leather jacket. I just bought it a couple weeks ago and I've ridden with it in 60 degree weather and 100 degree weather and I got just as sweaty both times.
Did you remove the waterproof liner?

-M

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you remove the waterproof liner?

-M
Removing the liner should solve that. Or you bought a size too small ?

"As a boy I had monsters under my bed and now as an adult they live in the garage. Just can't get away from them." - Numbercruncher

1 - 9 of 9 Posts