Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Reluctantly, I have to agree with you. I find myself making more and more excuses to ride my wife's new Bonnie and leave Lola in the garage. I will never sell her though, not ever. She is so red and shiny and beautiful!
So Doc, when does your wife actually get to ride HER bike??

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for all your feedback on my question. A new 2006 800ss will be arriving in my garage next week.

I am in the market for used adjustable forks and shock as well as a 1000ss aluminum swingarm ($1900 new - yikes)

Happy New Year

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Thanks for all your feedback on my question. A new 2006 800ss will be arriving in my garage next week.

I am in the market for used adjustable forks and shock as well as a 1000ss aluminum swingarm ($1900 new - yikes)

Happy New Year
Get a Metmachex swingarm. Better, cheaper (GBP 400 or so).

Tom

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Tom, thanks for the info. I sent them a message asking about price and photos.
I put one on my ST2, 4 lbs lighter than the OEM steel one, and half the price of the OEM aluminum one from the ST4S while being lighter and stronger than that as well. They've been around for at least 20 years, as a friend of mine had one on his Jota in the mid '80s.

I bought mine direct from them (they're in the UK). Quick service and reasonable shipping prices.

Tom

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I put one on my ST2, 4 lbs lighter than the OEM steel one, and half the price of the OEM aluminum one from the ST4S while being lighter and stronger than that as well. They've been around for at least 20 years, as a friend of mine had one on his Jota in the mid '80s.

I bought mine direct from them (they're in the UK). Quick service and reasonable shipping prices.

Tom
Wow, 4 pounds lighter! That got my attention! I'm guessing they're about 950 bucks given the exchange rate now. How do you like the different chain adjustment device on these?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Ah, the Laverda Jota...I remember it well. Ugliest thing on 2 wheels, but geez, was it fast!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts