Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what i did....
In a nutshell i bought a navihalter GPS mount to go with my waterproof iphone holder. The Navihalter showed up over the weekend and im still waiting for the case for the phone. I did a little measuring and with some new peices of that super heave velcro that they use on the transponder i was able to mount it to the navihalter. I tested it today and it is 100% on there solid as a rock up to triple digit speeds and it also works at the toll booth no problem. The only thing i have left to do is get a velcro cinch strap to put on there as a safety holder. Here is some pics.

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
nice solution JB thanks for posting. I'll PM you sometime when I'm cruising westward so I can see it in person. I'm waiting to see how you like the iPhone mount. How did you know the naviholter would work with it? post pix and review once you get it set up. I'm using the audio directions in Waze for now which is pretty darn good now that I have the speakers on the Scala G9 positioned right - believe it or not it's too loud on the highest setting now, even with ear plugs in. I'll probably spring for the Tom Tom app.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the iphone mount i bought a bracket that has an amps 4 hole mount instead of the handelbar bracket. That mount should fit on the navihalter bracket no problem, worst case i drill holes to make it fit. Once the iphone holder shows i will get it done and put up some pics.

ONe of the other reasons i decided to get a navihalter is someday when i feel laike parting with ~700 bucks i may get a dedicated GPS. Being able to use it as a transponder mount is a huge bonus. The navihalter is a very nice well built mount btw.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JB,
Is your Navihalter black or is it the light/camera?
Yep its black, thats the way it came from them.

Today i decided to take a can of krylon satin black to the transponder and it blends right in with the bike now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts