Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend, I came to the discovery that the Desmocedici comes with a "stock" sounding exhaust. Is this true?

Since they're so rare, I've only seen them in person while at the dealer, or at last years La Ducati Day in Nor-Cal. I didn't know that the ones that I've ever heard, always had a non-stock exhaust.

So, does this mean for over 65K, you still have to buy another exahust system just to make it sound like it should have already? Or does it come along with the shipping crate and other validating memorbilia?

Just curious, based on boredom...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I thought that the Desmocedici came with a "street" exhaust and "corsa" exhaust? Not that it really matters to me, a bit above my pay grade for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pro Italia in Glendale,ca has the race system for the D16rr and its $8000.00...John

·
Registered
101 Posts
They come with the street exhaust installed on the bike, but in the crate with the bike, there is a "Race" slip on exhaust, which you can install also if you like...seems that most people have this installed before delivery.

And then there is the third option, which is the full RACE/Titanium exhaust which replaces the headers and gives you a new lower belly pan with a side dump exhaust and a new tail with exhaust which looks like the Moto GP setup, of course this route will cost you upwards of $8k.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well now I really can't get one...the dang options are killin me...

·
Registered
605 Posts
They come with the street exhaust installed on the bike, but in the crate with the bike, there is a "Race" slip on exhaust, which you can install also if you like...seems that most people have this installed before delivery.

And then there is the third option, which is the full RACE/Titanium exhaust which replaces the headers and gives you a new lower belly pan with a side dump exhaust and a new tail with exhaust which looks like the Moto GP setup, of course this route will cost you upwards of $8k.
100% correct. Somewhere at home I have the 'street' system sitting unused in a box. Of the eight or so we have running around in this area, I have never seen one with the 'street' system installed. We have one of the extra cost, one rear and one side exit 'race' system bikes around (which includes the new lower and rear fairings) but that one is primarily a track day bike. The sound on the latter is, IMHO, not as sweet as the 'stock' race system that comes with the D16rr and is the one normally fitted. Supposedly the extra price system gives you a tad more overall power and and torque, but according to the local techs, not noticeable except on the track. So I'd keep the 9K in my pocket and spend a part of that on a nice set of carbon wheels. Dave

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
The sound of the dual outlet (one on the rt. side of the lower, and one under the seat) 'race' system was pure sex on the bike I've seen at the local shop.

I've not heard any other D16rr's, so I have no basis for comparison, but I had chills - it brought back memories of the first RC30 I heard with the HRC race system on it.... :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, when you get the bike you uncrate it and lose the cat, oxygen sensor and heavy rear silencer. You add the slip on and change the ECU. And it is good.

Then you see one with the $8k exhaust. And you want it.

So you buy it and spend 11 hours fitting it it. And it is very good.

Then you price a set of OEM bridgestones, so for the price of 5 sets of tires you buy 16.5 carbon rims and slicks. And it is very very good.

Then you want some motoGP spec master cylinders and calipers....

Help me. Someone, please.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I ride my Desmo with the street exhaust all the time. The slip on is way to loud for everyday riding, plus with the quiet exhaust I can ride it at Laguna Seca no problems with the 92db sound limit.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
100% correct. Somewhere at home I have the 'street' system sitting unused in a box. Of the eight or so we have running around in this area, I have never seen one with the 'street' system installed. We have one of the extra cost, one rear and one side exit 'race' system bikes around (which includes the new lower and rear fairings) but that one is primarily a track day bike. The sound on the latter is, IMHO, not as sweet as the 'stock' race system that comes with the D16rr and is the one normally fitted. Supposedly the extra price system gives you a tad more overall power and and torque, but according to the local techs, not noticeable except on the track. So I'd keep the 9K in my pocket and spend a part of that on a nice set of carbon wheels. Dave
Wait a sec. You have EIGHT Desmocedici's in Wisconsin? Huh??!?!? You get to ride these things for what, 4 months out of the year? Huh?!?!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
We take riding *very* seriously in the Midwest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts