Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
The fender looks hefty/heavy compared to the rest of the bike IMHO. But the design works well on the Desmo RR . . . which looks hefty overall. ---I'd stick with the stock shape for 848, 1098, 1198, and SF.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't know why, but I think the desmo front fender makes the bike look more like a Hayabusa. Not my favourite.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't know why, but I think the desmo front fender makes the bike look more like a Hayabusa. Not my favourite.
Fuck dude, I looked at it and thought "too bulky, looks like a Haya...." scrolled down, hit the quick reply button and started typing when I read your comment with the other eye :think::abduct:

So, moto, yes. Too bulky, to Hayabusa-ish. A no go.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
It works well with the Desmo I think because of the aero package that the bike has. It has a true aero package and the front fender you can tell has more of an aerodynamic design, but I don't think that translates well to the 1098. Almost looks like they started to do major aero work starting with the front fender, and then stopped...just doesn't flow.

·
Mr Leakered
8,823 Posts
Yup. Too much contrast. The fender sets a rounded bulky aero tone, yet the rest of the Duc is angular and focused.

Now if there was a 'busa whale hump at the tail? ;)

Sorry.

·
Registered
447 Posts
ugly

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
Having owned a Hayabusa, I agree it's a little Hayabusa-ish. But that's fine, it's meant for aerodynamics and to help slip though the wind. from what I see, it also looks like the angle of the line goes diagonally back, so it may 'catch' wind like a parachute rather than help slip through it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
cant stop laughing at that pic of samuel l. jackson.

and yes, i was thinking hayabusa too lol
Thats no Pic... Actual video.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Well, you know, if they're giving out samples, I'll take one...:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts