Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a number of threads about riser options for the ST bikes, and I've just finished the installation of Cycle Cat risers on my ST3.

Here's a few pictures:

My goal in installing the risers was two fold. First, I wanted to change the rotational angle of the clutch and brake levers downward. Second, I wanted to change the angle of the handle bars to take some of the pressure off of the outsides of my hands. Being able to actually rise or lower the bars was of much lower importance.

I can report that the Cycle Cat risers met both of these goals, and are also of immaculate workmanship. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Very Nice! :yeah:

They look like jewelry on your bike. Enjoy your functional bling!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ducati23,

What are tose rotary switches for?

And the two panels you mounted below the instrument panel.........

Nice farkles!

Where did you get the Cyclecat extenders?

·
Registered
588 Posts
the panels...

...are volt meters. Not sure why the need for 2 of them though?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ducati put a nice digital readout on the ST3, but didn't bother to add a basic voltmeter. Additionally, more for curiosity than anything else, I wanted to know the ambient air temperature.

I'm not sure I like the "stuck on" look, and may mound them beneath the panel cover with cutout windows at some point, but their functional and mostly waterproof for now.

Temperature & Voltmeter gauges

As for the rotory knobs - they are Heattrollers to control heated grips and accessory heated clothing.

See my post of this mod at: ST3 Heated Accessories

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ducati23- I'm considering the CC risers for my ST3, but I actually don't want a much higher (if any) bar rise* than what the stock clip-ons give me in a fully lowered position. I would want to rotate the bars so the bar height* is lower than stock, so a little extra bar rise would be acceptable. Could you please do a favor for me (us) and provide a measurement from the top of the triple clamp next to the fork tube to the center of the bars at the riser as per the picture below? In the fully lowered position as you have them in the above pictures would be preferred. Thanks in advance.

Another question: Do the risers rotate around the fork tube for some additional adjustment in bar positions or are they locked into 1 position by a pin like the stock risers?

*as per the Cycle Cat definitions at the bottom of this page.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sperho, Good question. It sure looks like those bars are way up there. You know the drill... the comfort afforded in a more up-right riding position equals less front end command and greater exposure to wind buffeting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It would be nice if they made a riser that didn't change the rise height, but enabled the bar height adjustability, rotation around the fork, and lever rotation. At 33 years old, I have absolutely no problem touring with the risers in the lowest position. I would love to rotate the bars in toward the tank a bit and lower the bar ends slightly. Of course, rotate the levers downward to be in line with my arm as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ducati ST3 risers

Does anyone want to sell their stock 2006 ST3 risers?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ducati23 said:
There have been a number of threads about riser options for the ST bikes, and I've just finished the installation of Cycle Cat risers on my ST3.

My goal in installing the risers was two fold. First, I wanted to change the rotational angle of the clutch and brake levers downward. Second, I wanted to change the angle of the handle bars to take some of the pressure off of the outsides of my hands. Being able to actually rise or lower the bars was of much lower importance.

I can report that the Cycle Cat risers met both of these goals, and are also of immaculate workmanship. Highly recommended.
Cycle Cat makes the nicest stuff out ther, IMHO. I had them make a custom set for my 851 years ago, and can't wait until they make some for the Sport. Great choice!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The distance from the centerline of the handle bar to the top of the triple clamp as illustrated above is 2.65" when the riser is all the way down.

The limiting factor is the fork tube increasing from 50 to 54mm stopping the riser from moving any lower.

The risers rotate around the fork tube to any position. The handle bars are also a bit longer than the stock ones.

The other item I will note is that these risers move the handle bars back towards the rider compared to the stock ones, irregardless of their rotation around the fork tubes.

After having the risers for a while, I really like being able to rotate the levers down, but would have choosen a lower rise if it were available.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nicely modded ST ;). Did you happen to measure the difference in height between oem and cc at their lowest points?

·
Registered
98 Posts
This appears to be exactly what I need for my 2005 ST3.

Looks like Cyclecat part #DBR25 works on the 2005 ST3...is this what's on your bike?

This part # also includes a new brake line...correct?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes, these are part #:DBR-25 They do include a new front brake line, but you won't need it unless you raise the risers almost all of the way up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ducati23 said:
Ducati put a nice digital readout on the ST3, but didn't bother to add a basic voltmeter. Additionally, more for curiosity than anything else, I wanted to know the ambient air temperature.

I'm not sure I like the "stuck on" look, and may mound them beneath the panel cover with cutout windows at some point, but their functional and mostly waterproof for now.

Temperature & Voltmeter gauges

Where did you get the guages? I would like to at least add the temp meter. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ducati23 said:
yes, these are part #:DBR-25 They do include a new front brake line, but you won't need it unless you raise the risers almost all of the way up.
CycleCat risers received.

Questions re: installation --- how hard is it to remove the top triple clamp? Any special tools required?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
sperho said:
It would be nice if they made a riser that didn't change the rise height, but enabled the bar height adjustability, rotation around the fork, and lever rotation. At 33 years old, I have absolutely no problem touring with the risers in the lowest position. I would love to rotate the bars in toward the tank a bit and lower the bar ends slightly. Of course, rotate the levers downward to be in line with my arm as well.
You should take a look at convertibars. My friend put them on his VFR. You can order them with different bar angles, and then they are very adjustable from there.

http://www.convertibars.com/

p.s. watch the sound volume if you go to this site...it plays music right away...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is very simple to remove the top triple clamp. Loosen the allen head bolts clamping around both forks, and then the one clamping the stearing stem nut. Lift the triple clamp off. Only tools required are allen wrenches/socket bits. Takes less then 2 minutes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts