Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install Cycle Cat Clipon bars (DBR02)on their 93-97 900ss ? I bought a set-apparently leftovers, installation will be a cold weather project. The catalog did say that they were for 93-97 900ss/CR. However in the general part of the instructions it says that it may fit other Ducatis but will not fit Ducatis with coffin style master cylinders. Since all 900ss those years were coffin type (except 98 FE), this seems contradictory. Before I start this project, just wondering if anyone had any issues with installation?

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am actually in the middle of installing mine and waiting for my triple clamp to come back from the powder coater. I did drill mine for the control pins (small plastic pins on the turn signal switch and the kill switch). It is going quite easily so far (knock wood). I will report here when I get them completely on at the end of the week. Get some anti-seize lube as the installation requires it.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I don't know why the coffin style reservoirs would keep them from fitting. You might have to lower them a bit for clearance. I have a set on a 1997 SS/SP and there is lots of room, however, only the CRs had coffin style reservoirs, the SS and SP have little round plastic reservoirs.
Joe

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a pair. They've been on and are now off. When I called CycleCat service with an installation question, they did say that the SS installation was one of the tightest in the whole application list.

In the end I got them to fit and clear the fairing, but for all their beautiful adjust-ability, I could only mount them basically one way.

It may be that remote reservoirs would allow more adjustment options. I've added 748 controls, but have not returned to the cycleKat clip ons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts