Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a set of these? Happy with them? I need to get race numbers on the rear of my SC1000. Seems to be a bit pricey for a set of cling stickies. But....Your input valued.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Race Numbers

I got vinyl numbers from a local sign shop for about $25 for a set. I think :think: they were 5" for the rear flanks and 6" for the front.

By the way, CCS requires (ugly) block style numerals, so if you are planning to race, ya might want to check the rule book to be sure you get an acceptable font. :eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Cutgrafix plates

Small world story: I contacted Rod at CutGrafix in late 2007 with the idea to make these and he made them decals to my order, so I have some pride of ownership on these!

My only gripe was that Rod made the decals the exact same size of the side panel that they are covering. So if the decals aren't aligned perfectly, they'll run off the edge. You have to wet mount them to slide them into place. I actually wanted number plates that were substantially smaller than the side panel, which is what NCR's New Blue cowl has. Because they had to be spot on, I chickened out had my dealer's decal guy install them and they came out perfect. If I could do it again though, I would have either sanded down the stock "Sport1000S" decal that's on the cowl because you can see it as a bump under these decals, or, alternatively, I would have had Rod shape the decal so it went around the stock "Sport 1000S" decal entirely.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got vinyl numbers from a local sign shop for about $25 for a set. I think :think: they were 5" for the rear flanks and 6" for the front.

By the way, CCS requires (ugly) block style numerals, so if you are planning to race, ya might want to check the rule book to be sure you get an acceptable font. :eek:

My local m'cycle dealer sells FX AFFEX (sp) packets of numbers in 5", 6", and 8". Black and Red. There are 3 numbers per packet for $3.50 per packet. With 3 race bikes I have several packets of #'s hanging around. Anyway, for a 3 number set the cost is about $12. AHRMA and WERA require the same block, sans serif, numbers. My front # plate is fine.

Looks like you cut white vinyl for your rear # plate backing. I may do that rather than pay $60 for the CutGrafix.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm sure there's a few links to this topic floating around somewhere, as alot of us have purchased the Cut Graffix vinyl kit from Rod, quite some time ago now. I'd say maybe 2 years now.

Just too lazy to poke around on this, but I bring it up, because some have gotten creative with their plates.

Personally, I didn't like the black trim since it's printed on the vinyl, and it looked like a copy of a copy. So, I outlined mine with silver vinyl to accent the white just a little better.

You can see the trim here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stvaast/2983112046/sizes/o/

Poke around for this same topic by running a search.

I'd like to see black plates become available. Black plates with gold numbers would be bad-ass

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to have black numbers on a white background...So, anyone have any CutGrafix decals that they would like to get rid of? Let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts