Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Gary (and others with cut down Termi's)........an update/more feedback would be good please

reply said:
Hi Steve, I do have the full Term but mine remains stock to date, the article on my website was by Ducati.ms member 'Humpo' (aka Gary).
If you're not already a member of the Ducati.ms forums get over there and join! ;-) .......I'll post your question in Gary's original forum thread to give you a head start :D
You might also be interested in a custom hanger for the termi ;-) See here on Ducati.ms

I have to say I really liked the look of the cut down can when he first posted but just haven't gotten round to getting up the nerve to go for it........did you see the sound track video?.....that almost sent me out to the garage saw in hand then and there! lol

manx.net.....you have to be on the IoM?!.....I expect the Mutley sees the TT run regularly?! :)
Get yourself on the MTS1200 Owners Map ;-)
How long have you had your MTS12?.......hope you're enjoying it as much as I am (well, would be if I wasn't keeping it in the garage whilst there's salt on the roads!), just LOVE the bike....roll on Spring :D

Cheers for now
Andy
email said:
On 5 February 2011 23:42, <*******@manx.net> wrote:

steve spiers has sent the following message from the Contact Us page on http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/:

"Hi Andy

Like you I hate how the standard race termi looks and I agree that your shortened version is much better.

May i ask now that you have run it like that for a while have you noticed any adverse affects regarding fueling etc? has te gas mileage changed much?

I have just placed an order for a full race system and would like to consider doing the same providing there are no negative sides to this mod.

I'd really appreciate your advice regards Steve"

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have done over 2000kms with the cut down, No problems at all Fuel mileage is good.

If i was to do it again i would only cut 120mm off it not the 140mm that i did. I think that if it lined up with the end of the rear hugger it would look a bit better.

Still very happy with mod. I love the look on peoples faces when i start it up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have done over 2000kms with the cut down, No problems at all Fuel mileage is good.

If i was to do it again i would only cut 120mm off it not the 140mm that i did. I think that if it lined up with the end of the rear hugger it would look a bit better.

Still very happy with mod. I love the look on peoples faces when i start it up.
I want to do this combined with maybe replacing the Ti tube with a CF one... Just need to be willing to have my bike out of commission for a while.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you find the right shape cf tube let me know that is something that realy want to do.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Digging up an older thread for the potential of getting some insight. I need to repack my Multi's Termi can. I do not wish to shorten and wondered if you could give any insight as to how I can break the silicone sealant used on the end caps and get them off.
TIA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Happy to have stumbled onto this as I’m thinking about doing the same to my new-to-me ‘13 multistrada. The shorter pipe looks good on the multistrada!

Wolverine, I haven’t opened up my Termis yet but I’d assume it should be as simple as drilling out the rivets and pulling it apart. At least that’s all that was needed in my experience doing this on my other bikes (‘05 R1 & ‘07 S4Rs). I chopped my termis to half their length on my S4Rs.

image to url

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I never seriously considered the termi because that can is so monsterous... but this shorty version looks great - wish I'd dug up this thread when I was shopping for exhaust.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Happy to have stumbled onto this as I’m thinking about doing the same to my new-to-me ‘13 multistrada. The shorter pipe looks good on the multistrada!

Wolverine, I haven’t opened up my Termis yet but I’d assume it should be as simple as drilling out the rivets and pulling it apart. At least that’s all that was needed in my experience doing this on my other bikes (‘05 R1 & ‘07 S4Rs). I chopped my termis to half their length on my S4Rs.

image to url

I posted on another thread: Termignoni ti canister repack

·
Registered
216 Posts

image to url
see....that looks good. I didn't go with the termis on my S2R1000 because of how long they were. It's like they made them with the beer tray in mind, not realizing everyone was going to bob it off.

I bought the Spark exhaust. Supposedly the same thing made in the same factory? IDK

41 - 50 of 50 Posts