21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Hot shit !

but on the downside, if you have the paniers, I think it will get those steamin' hot

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nar the panniers have a metal shield to protect them but because the full system run so rich they will be black as night after a few runs.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, love that sound! I would not apply the adjective "harsh." But, yes, I might say that it sounds sort of "raw" and/or "not over-refined!" And that's exactly what I like about it. Nice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Harsh is close to the mark but I like to think of it as more of a bark. Thanks for the comments. Its hard doing a mod that has not been done before. You dont know which way it will go. As i said before i think that you should only cut off 110-120mm off to line it up with the rear hugger.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Nice vid. Yeah, I thought you were on a set of tracks too.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Hi Humpo,
Nice job. As a fellow Aussie, do (or have) the constabulary given you any grief? I know at one stage NSW had a crack down on non-factory pipes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Nar the cops have seam to have left that alone for the moment, there was a few months of checks but very few people got fined just got told to fix it. Im hoping that being on a "touring bike" not a sports bike they will not bother my. I hope.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Good luck with that! It seems to me that they let Harley riders with straight through pipes ride past then ping me every time.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Do you think cutting it down changed the db-level ? higher or lower ?

I want to know because on some of our tracks here they are kinda strickt about the 95db level. (killer in)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It is diffently louder. I think even with the killer in you would have troubles. Im going to do a DB test next week so i will let you know the difference between the full and the cut down. I might chuck in the Db killer to see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It is diffently louder. I think even with the killer in you would have troubles. Im going to do a DB test next week so i will let you know the difference between the full and the cut down. I might chuck in the Db killer to see how it goes.
thanks in advance !

·
North Carolina, USA
3,309 Posts
Seems like I heard a bit of sputtering as you accelerated away. How has the termi and the mod affected fueling? Good, bad, ugly?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts