Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for an exhaust but had a tight budget so found a used MIVV slip on. It was kind of faded so I clear coated it and polished it up before installing. Then I realized the brake/tail lights would not fit so easy so I decided to make a custom set-up. Very proud of the way it turned out and the LED's look very bright. Also put open clutch cover, recovered seats with new vinyl, and tinted the windscreen... Been a busy week.

Original...Seat covers faded and coming unglued, clear windscreen, closed clutch cover, stock exhaust and tail section...

0414201913 (1).jpg

Here's what cans looked like when I got them... faded but solid condition.

Clear coating them...

Making my custom tail light...

Mock-up...

Taking it for a test-ride...

I like the look much better... (still got to raise up license plate..it was on temporarily)

It was sunny so it's hard to see how bright these really are...
Video of LED's

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it was a very hard type of insulation board... not like the soft foam that fake flowers get stuck into or anything. Might use some more under the seat as a heat shield...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice. I like the contrasting pillion seat. Been thinking of doing the same with the one on my 748; that red vinyl gets real fugly.

Whereabouts in NC are you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the seat looks way better in my opinion. The red fades out way too easy. Used some tackier vinyl with nice print that looks like high grade leather.
I'm not far from Raleigh.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice. What kind of clear did you use on your exhaust? I have some faded carbon fiber on my 748 and want to try to re do it before I purchase new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I used Rustoleum Professional clear. It supposed to be heat resistant to 400 degrees or something like that. I made sure to only get the CF part with clear and I put 2-3 coats on and then wet-sanded it lightly with 3000 grit before applying some car polish to shine them up. Made a huge difference in my opinion compared to the faded shape they were in before.Now I'm waiting on some new aluminum MIVV decal emblems to replace the faded ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Serenity. I’m going to give it a shot myself and see what happens. Btw I’m not to far from you either. I’m from WV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Really nicely done.

Reactions: Serenity Now!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts