Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at having a set of Conti pipes made for my PS1000. I had him make a set of sport mufflers for my triumph and the turned out great. Excellent sound and excellent quality.

Has anyone fitted conti pipes to their sport classic?

Sound power and tuning are concerns.

I think I can provide him with my old mufflers and have a set made up.
I might ship them out next week. Please give me your thoughts here and experience. I'm sure these are basically a straight thru pipe with glass packing but he can also fit a baffle setup too. I went straight thru and was very pleased, of course they were mounted to a triple so sound will be different than with a twin.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes, I forgot about those guys. Not too shab but still too long, even the short version is too long, maybe I need to rethink this and try a reserve cone similar to the ones on my triumph?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
the casuno exhaust is made of titanium, has got
conical headers, weights in at a slim ~6.5 Kgs.,
and it is the nicest system for the sport classic
so far.

you gotta empty your cup to understand this Zen
master's work i suppose.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
loved the system right from the start, but have
neither seen it in the flesh or heard it yet, unfortunately.

:think:

the price is of no concern, isn't it ?
Termignoni wanted 3400 Euros for their titanium
mh900e system back then, if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey...I don't know if this will help.

My local guy in Brisbane Australia has 'knocked up" a set of conti style replica type pipes...about $1K AU$

The first set he has done...and I have been back a couple of times to get them toned down a little....removable baffles....and stainless steel packing that will increase/ reduce the note. They sound and look like a Ducati should sound....frikken awesome!!!!

I have had mine ceramic coated inside...and had the header pipes done too & polished...makes me feel warm and fuzzy but maybe a waste of bucks!!!

I will try to post a pic...be gentle please...it's the first photo of the pipes.

The really pleasing aspect of the pipes is the GENTLE slope of the 50mm to 40mm.... around the clamp area...the termi pipes look really ugly and don't flow like a 70's pipe.

The bike runs great with standard 15t gearing and a FatDuc 02...sounds sweet and looks the goods.

Cheers Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
loved the system right from the start, but have
neither seen it in the flesh or heard it yet, unfortunately.

the price is of no concern, isn't it ?
Termignoni wanted 3400 Euros for their titanium
mh900e system back then, if i remember correctly.

You are definitely right…

The Staintunes could be also taken into consideration… the look is also very classic and the manufacturing quality seems to be flawless.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
the new staintune system looks great, i had
the end can on the mh900e, sound and build
quality were quite good.

am not able to listen to the Casuno System,
i can't run quicktime on my windows98 pc,
ah wait, its not windows98, i upgraded to 98SE
a year ago.

:abduct:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
the new staintune system looks great, i had
the end can on the mh900e, sound and build
quality were quite good.

am not able to listen to the Casuno System,
i can't run quicktime on my windows98 pc,
ah wait, its not windows98, i upgraded to 98SE
a year ago.

:abduct:
Owning such cool bikes and such a tired computer. Definitely a man with his priorties properly sorted!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
For mine, I just love the look & sounds of the Zards, particularly on the PS... I had mine polished and am very happy with the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey...I don't know if this will help.

My local guy in Brisbane Australia has 'knocked up" a set of conti style replica type pipes...about $1K AU$

The first set he has done...and I have been back a couple of times to get them toned down a little....removable baffles....and stainless steel packing that will increase/ reduce the note. They sound and look like a Ducati should sound....frikken awesome!!!!

I have had mine ceramic coated inside...and had the header pipes done too & polished...makes me feel warm and fuzzy but maybe a waste of bucks!!!

I will try to post a pic...be gentle please...it's the first photo of the pipes.

The really pleasing aspect of the pipes is the GENTLE slope of the 50mm to 40mm.... around the clamp area...the termi pipes look really ugly and don't flow like a 70's pipe.

The bike runs great with standard 15t gearing and a FatDuc 02...sounds sweet and looks the goods.

Cheers Roger
These actually look very nice, congrats. How about a right-side pic? And just wondering, any idea if your pipes would fit underneath the DP Leather Bags?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts