Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
now does anyone know where I can get "aftermarket" fairings?
Airtech makes aftermarket stock and cafe conversion fairing panels for the 900SS. They even make a Supermono conversion kit for it too.

Click me DKT.>>>https://www.airtech-streamlining.com/ducati-fairings-seats-fenders-parts/900SS1991-96.htm

I really like the red white and green ones but they are nearly impossible to find
If you want the Red,White,Green Tricolore paint scheme on your bike you're most likely going to have to paint that up yourself as it wasn't a stock paint scheme.

stoshmonster - aftermarket fairings in pic #6 look damn good that bike in general is swwwweeeetttttt
That's forum member Gajus's bike. (His real name is Erik by the way.) He made the twin cateye front fairing panel for it and you're right that bike is effing sweet! Pics 1 & 2 are a coupla more shots of it.

Pics 3 & 4 are a few more Tricolore paint schemes and Pics 5 thru 8 are just a coupla ideas for you to consider.

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how much trouble people will go to --to screw up a perfectly good motorcycle --regardless of the brand

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how much trouble people will go to --to screw up a perfectly good motorcycle.....
Sorry Renns no offense intended here but I've gotta laugh out loud at that statement.

The carby 900SS was never ever a perfectly good motorcycle. The raw basic DNA was there but as delivered it was such a steaming pile of garbage that had so many built-in faults it was ridiculous.

I've always said that the coolest thing about these little carby 900SS's is that they're infinitely buildable. That's what pushes the coolness factor of these bikes right off the charts. There are so many different ways that you can style and build them that there's really no one correct way.
The stock design was merely only someone else's idea of how it could be done,the reality is that there are a plethora of other ways that it can be done.
And the really cool thing is that you can fix all the inherent faults and make these little machines lighter,stronger,faster,more powerful,more agile,and more reliable than they ever were in stock form.

To put it plainly,stock bikes suck. They're merely a starting point,a blank canvas from which to create.

My friend the beauty is in the differences,not in the sameness.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
The carby 900SS was never ever a perfectly good motorcycle.
lol, a bit extreme and certainly disputable.
what was wrong with the 1998 FE?
Even 1997 had most of the bugs worked out. Yes the early bikes had a few flaws but so do many bikes especially from the same era. When I first started looking at Italian bikes you bought them expecting that would be things along the way and you pretty much new you could be buying a bike that would need finishing to make it right. At one time they were forced to buy Italian and some parts were not as good as they would have liked, others I think the small size of the company meant some things were allowed to slide.

In the end I do agree it was never a perfect or good motorcycle, it is a great one. >:)

box stock is best left for time travelers and collectors, I am neither but I am glad there are some who are. These bikes do make great project bikes and respond well to known mods, we each get to choose what we want and that's how it should be.

·
Registered
749 Posts
You could make one of these.
Walt builds really beautiful motorcycles and this quote from him explains why.

"It was paramount to build the bike as light and strong as possible using as few parts as possible.”

Wish I had the budget...

Wait... If I sold all four of my bikes and a couple of my guitars I could possibly pony up the deposit needed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
He will also sell the frame and body work alone so you can build it yourself
as well as turn key bikes.
Wow, really, do they sell the kit? I didn't know that! If I had most everything, I'd want to add that to my garage, that is beautiful.

There sold something like 30,000 SS (including the smaller displacement), so I think there are plenty still to go around, and it's not like dodo, nobody's gonna chop up the last one with smile. Though I do agree that there are plenty ugly custom made out of SS, there are some stunning ones, too, so I'd want to see what he comes up with.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow, really, do they sell the kit? I didn't know that! If I had most everything, I'd want to add that to my garage, that is beautiful.

There sold something like 30,000 SS (including the smaller displacement), so I think there are plenty still to go around, and it's not like dodo, nobody's gonna chop up the last one with smile. Though I do agree that there are plenty ugly custom made out of SS, there are some stunning ones, too, so I'd want to see what he comes up with.
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/472314-my-900ss-wsm-leggero-build.html

·
Registered
749 Posts
Living three blocks from the ocean sure keeps the alloy looking good...

but the cafe bike looks great. Love all the "air" in the middle.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts