Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be repainting a majority of my bike after the WCM. I originally was just going to keep it red and have the decal stuff airbrushed using some custom font/script. But now I am beginning to wonder about perhaps adding a second color, most likely white.

The only panels I am not painting are the front fender, the piece directly behind the front wheel (in front of the radiator) and the seat cowl pieces. The pieces getting painted are the headlight fairing, the side fairings, gas tank, mirror caps, pannier caps and top case cap.

Considering what I am painting, would like some ideas on a two tone scheme. If anyone has ideas on a custom font too, that would be great. I would like something close to the current DUCATI font, but with a little more pizzazz.

I have looked thru most of the threads regarding custom paint, but nothing really jumped out at me. And it's been a few years since this topic has come up.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link. I must have missed that thread. Some good, and bad ideas in there. But knowing what doesn't look good, to me, is just as important as finding what I do like.

Before I looked at this, I tried looking at Brad's suggestion, but I ended up finding something else I liked. The Desmosedici, love this paint job. So far this is my favorite. The 2nd pic I like too. But I would make the swoosh just white. I like the tricolor on the nose though. Have also thought of doing a vinyl of the demo-valve design on the sides in white and leaving the sides all red.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts