Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
i guess it depends on who's making the map. i'll gladly pay more than twice that to a couple of people in the industry.

typically, if we're talking about a custom pc3 map, it should be in the $150-$250 range (and i've seen $150 maps blow away $250 maps) so $300 does seem a bit high.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,217 Posts
$300 doesn´t sound to bad.
IF it´s a complete map (individual map for vertical/horisontal, all loads 0, 2, 4 , 8, 10 20 40 60 80 and 100% Throttle, all RPM´s INCL under 3000 RPM and accelpump). That usually takes awhile for them and I´m guessing that it´ll be even more then 300$ if you ask the right questions.

Most "cheap" tuners only bother with 60-80 and 100% throttle and NEVER bother with the lowspeed fuel like under 3000 RPM´s.

The PC3 can be adjusted in 250RPM intervalls, so make sure to mention that. aswell as accelpump, lowspeed and individuall mapps per cylinder.

You may have to get your exhaustsystem modified to accept a lambda (or actualy 2.. one for each cylinder).

//amullo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
mattjw916 said:
I'd definately pay for Enraldo to tune my bike... too bad Ferracci is so far away. ;)
Hall of Fame'r!

I don't know if 250 is him doing the tuning :). His rate is probably double or triple that IF he even tunes bikes anymore. I catch a glimpse of him every once in a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
I paid $300, but like was mentioned, it was for every load and individual cyl's. I am happy with it. Looking at the dyno print out, my A/F line is as flat as a straight edge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
level7 said:
Hall of Fame'r!

I don't know if 250 is him doing the tuning :). His rate is probably double or triple that IF he even tunes bikes anymore. I catch a glimpse of him every once in a while.
$250 is him doing the tuning, or occasionally Jason will do it, but everything that leaves that room is looked at by the boss himself.

And yes, Eraldo still does tuning.

-Tristan
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,217 Posts
FBF_Parts said:
$250 is him doing the tuning, or occasionally Jason will do it, but everything that leaves that room is looked at by the boss himself.

And yes, Eraldo still does tuning.

-Tristan
Nice to see you on the board Tristan! :)

//amullo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
galaxy said:
I paid $300, but like was mentioned, it was for every load and individual cyl's. I am happy with it. Looking at the dyno print out, my A/F line is as flat as a straight edge.
Galaxy where did you get this done at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
I got it done by Dave (forgot his last name) at Chapparrel Motorsports on Manzanita. I think that's the name of the place but I could be wrong...doesn't really matter cause he's not there anymore. The guy that owned the shop also worked in the racing department at Roseville Cycle or something like that...Well, Rosevill rescently got a dyno do they closed the other tuning shop Dave was running because it would be a "conflict of interest" somehow with this guy owning two dyno shops...at least that's the story I was given. Anyway, long story short, the guy that did mine now runs the dyno over a Roseville and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take my Duc back to him over there.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top