Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DT996 out in California offered to paint my helmet for me...All I can say is he did a marvelous job. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Give him a shout on here, maybe he can do some work for some of y'all. He does fairings, too! To say I'm happy is to put it mildly.

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Jimmy, Dt996 did an excellent job. We all know how much you love those (overated) Gators.

:D

I like it. It's nice.

By the way.......WHY DO YOU ALREADY HAVE CHRISTMAS STUFF OUT AND IT AIN'T EVEN THANKSGIVING YET?!:mad:

;):D

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know....My wife does all of that. And she LOVES turkey day. That's her favorite holiday. BUT!! We're having a Holiday Open house on the 6th, and we're going to be gone from tomorrow through Sunday, so she started with the decorating. (Of course, I help by watching this past seasons WSBK races!)

Personally, Halloween is my favorite holiday!

Jimmy, Dt996 did an excellent job. We all know how much you love those (overated) Gators.

:D

I like it. It's nice.

By the way.......WHY DO YOU ALREADY HAVE CHRISTMAS STUFF OUT AND IT AIN'T EVEN THANKSGIVING YET?!:mad:

;):D

·
Registered
525 Posts
DT is the man it’s amazing what he can do with an airbrush. The full paint he did on my GF’s GSXR 750 was amazing. She just gave him a concept and he ran with it. I wish I had some photos of it on this computer. I know he has some.

BTW that lid looks awesome 94cobraR. Good job shorty!

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I have often wondered why a major helmet manufacturer has not offered a college or pro football helmet series.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I have often wondered why a major helmet manufacturer has not offered a college or pro football helmet series.
No kidding they would probably sell like hotcakes, but we would all have to become Oregon fans!!!:D By the way nice job on the lid.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Nice helmet. Some guys can really do a good job on helmets.

If anyone ever does one of these, i'd buy it.....

·
Go for it!
461 Posts
DT is the man it’s amazing what he can do with an airbrush. The full paint he did on my GF’s GSXR 750 was amazing. She just gave him a concept and he ran with it. I wish I had some photos of it on this computer. I know he has some.

BTW that lid looks awesome 94cobraR. Good job shorty!
DT996 is amazing artist and painter. I have seen his work on ducshep's wife bike. It will blow you away. He did a custom helmet painting for a member on this board and it turned out fantastic! I'll ask him if he will post pictures of his new helmet.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Nice helmet. Some guys can really do a good job on helmets.

If anyone ever does one of these, i'd buy it.....
Is this why people refer to you guys as being "down under"?:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Cool! And that's a funny-ass weenie helmet. I saw that about ten years ago i think in one of those Superbike magazines from Europe and was going to do it on mine but changed my mind...

The thing about manufacturers offering a school helmet like that, well it would be hard to do maybe? There are hundreds of schools and pro sports teams. Better to leave it to the custom guys...we already lose too much business to stickers and factory screen printing now lol

Good job DT!

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts

They got them for all the rock bands, have you seen them? I like the A/C D/C helmet "Highway to Hell"

BTW, here is a helmet DT996 did for me. I asked for a gambling theme, Ducati/Italian flag and of course my favorite, the Bulldog. Unfortunately the right side screen attachment piece with the Bulldog on it flew off during a ride. I have to have Dan repaint a replacement I found recently. The top half of the helmet is the stock paint, Dan repainted the lower half which were formally very pretty and very festive pink flowers. Others described the lower half as very gay pink flowers.

The helmet is awesome and I got a lot of compliments because of it. Stuff like "nice looking face" etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Blah!

Just kidding. Though I'm not a Gator fan (check my sig) that is a really cool paint job. I would definitely consider doing something along these lines.:cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Seems strange to me that people would ride around in the States with their football team painted on thier helmet. Do the football supporters run around with "The Doctor" or Stoner helmets on?:D

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Seems strange to me that people would ride around in the States with their football team painted on thier helmet. Do the football supporters run around with "The Doctor" or Stoner helmets on?:D
Clearly you have not been to an SEC game in the Swamp or at Neyland Stadium.:D
Can't imagine why they would be wearing a helmet when not actually playing football, but I do see people wearing t-shirts for "The Doctor" or Stoner,... or Earnhart.:abduct:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Probably a big hurdle to paint sports team helmets is that they would really need to offer all the team members in the league, in different sizes and pay out the wazzoo for the royalties, for a very small segment of buyers. It would look cool though. Unless it was the Seahawks.:mad:

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Cool! And that's a funny-ass weenie helmet. I saw that about ten years ago i think in one of those Superbike magazines from Europe and was going to do it on mine but changed my mind...

The thing about manufacturers offering a school helmet like that, well it would be hard to do maybe? There are hundreds of schools and pro sports teams. Better to leave it to the custom guys...we already lose too much business to stickers and factory screen printing now lol

Good job DT!
Thanks Jason,

That really is a funny "Ass-Weenie" if I ever saw one. I can say right now, there's some things I would do for money, but there's no way I'd do that helmet with my name on it...
Yeah, the team stuff is complicated, as in most cases you have to get the team approval and that means $$$ royalty fees up front, based on your yearly projection= never worth it for custom guys.

Thanks to the host of friends who are on here lying about me doing good work, you guys are really too kind, but you ain't gettin' shit for free, dammit!:D Okay, now you can go ahead and tell the bad stories about me.

Thanks Jimmy for liking my work enough to post it and for not charging me to do it, you've been a good sport with all the funny comments.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends at Ducati.ms!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Bad stories? What bad stories? Oh, ok...I'll start.

You're a jerk for not hooking me up with your hot sister-in-law. Happy now? :D

Just kidding...lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts